Mac Logging Software Recommendation

Discussion in 'Logbooks & Logging Programs' started by KK7EL, Nov 7, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KK7EL

KK7EL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for the input guys! I like free, so I will start with RumLogNG. If I feel I need a better contest log I will try SkookumLogger (only contests I do are SS and ARRL 10m.)

2. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

WSJT-X runs on OS X and there is an excellent program called JT-Bridge that is very similar to JT Alert on Windows.

W3TPL likes this.
  3. W4SEX

W4SEX Ham Member QRZ Page

Will all this software work on the new El Capitan OS?

4. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

So far it does with no problem.

5. W3TPL

W3TPL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'll be looking into it. Trying to find something that will interface cleanly with my IC-7200 via USB without requiring a TON of command line based changes.

6. K3DCW

WSJT-X requires only one command line entry, and it is fully detailed in the README included with the download.

7. AA8TA

AA8TA Ham Member QRZ Page

Aether here. Tried MacLoggerDX; it seemed to have good possibilities but didn't think it's features were worth 2x the cost of Aether. Could not get RUMlog to log JT65/JT9 contacts.

Aether works FB with my TS-590 on El Capitan. However, I run a Win7 VM so I can run N1MM and I could not everything to work correctly on El Capitan. Had to downgrade to Yosemite. Might try again in a few months if some drivers get upgraded.

8. K3ENT

K3ENT Ham Member QRZ Page

I am using maclogger with my Icom 7600 , works great. It works great on my imac and contols my radio, terrific software. Highly recommend it.

9. K3DCW

There is a tab within the RUMlogNG preferences which allows you to set the modes you want to use. JT65 and JT9 are in there and can be activated with just a click of the mouse.

10. DF1HX

DF1HX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Happy user of RumLogNG on my 13" MBP / OS X.11.1 ("El Capitan"), radio is KX3.
    I do not use "full" rig control, just let radio send frequency and mode to the program via USB cable.
    73 es gl, thomas