ad: Flexradio-1

Mac Logging Software Recommendation

Discussion in 'Logbooks & Logging Programs' started by KK7EL, Nov 7, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KK7EL

KK7EL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have a small shack at our weekend place and currently use a laptop (OS Win7) with WIN-EQF logging software. I came across a good deal on a Mac mini and am looking for logging software that has capabilities similar to WIN-EQF: contact logging, call lookups, file import/export and conversions to ADIF and Cabrillo...and not overly "busy".

I started with WIN-EQF when it was Log-EQF running on DOS and have never used any other logging program, so this is a big step for me.

Anyone running a Mac and logging software they recommend?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  2. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

There are 3 main loggers for Macs, but there are several others that are less commonly used as well.

The three main ones are RUMlogNG, Aether, and MacLoggerDX. RUMlogNG is available via the App Store and is free; Aether runs about $40 and is also available via the App Store; MacLoggerDX runs $95 and is available only from the developer. All three are excellent, and all three offer free trials, so check them all out and find the one you like the most.

Links to these, and others, are available at www.machamradio.com/links.

3. W4SEX

W4SEX Ham Member QRZ Page

So which one do you use?

4. K7GQ

K7GQ Subscriber QRZ Page

Though you didn't ask me, I use Aether because it's "not overly busy" and properly sized, occupies little screen space.

5. AI6AK

AI6AK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have a Mac and use Rumlog. Simple and works great.

6. W4SEX

W4SEX Ham Member QRZ Page

Harry:
    Great web page you have on here. I'm coming out to Sparks to visit my brother-in-law N7TW the week of Thanksgiving, are you in Hawaii this time of year?

7. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Maclogger DX for general use.

Skookumlogger for contests.

8. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

RUMlogNG for general logging. MacLoggerDX on occasion (then imported into RUNlogNG). SkookumLogger for contesting.

9. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I use MacloggerDX, but would be open to using another.

How would you compare to Rumlog and Aether? Strengths and weakness of each?

10. W3TPL

W3TPL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm running Maclogger DX right now about 15 minutes at a time... (not sure I'm going to stick with a Mac for ham radio stuff)

Since I'm trying to mess around with JT65, I've decided there might be a Win based laptop in my future, and remove the Mac from ham radio use.