MAC and Rigblaster Advantage

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by KI8GW, Apr 9, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. KI8GW

KI8GW Ham Member QRZ Page

Please accept my apologies if this issue is duplicated. I have a West mountain Radio Rigblaster Advantage, which i am using because my 21.5" Mac (running MAC os 10.X) lacks a microphone input.

When running FLDIGI, or JT-65, I will start getting a "wide" signal across the waterfall...here's an example from JT-65...

ScreenShot.jpeg

Any ideas what could be causing this?

73, Frank Piper
    Amateur Radio Station KI8GW
    Pickerington, Ohio

2. KI8GW

Here's an example of FLDIGI. This signal will go wide and go back to normal with no setting changes...

Attached Files:

3. W9FTV

W9FTV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I get this when the receiver gets heavily overloaded. Watch (and adjust) RF gain and you should be fine.

4. K3DCW

K3DCW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It looks more like a badly configured transmitter on the other end (too much ALC action. for example) rather than receiver overload, although it could be both. Definitely watch and adjust the RF gain on the receiver.

5. KI8GW

Thanks so much for the feedback! After making the RF adjustments, I also made an adjustment in the rig (Kenwood TS-570) to lower the AF Input for digital modes to the lowest setting without going null. That made a big difference! 73 de Frank KI8GW