ad: elecraft

For Sale M0NKA mcHF 9-Band CW/SSB Portable QRP Radio

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by KY4AWB, Jun 11, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. KY4AWB

KY4AWB Ham Member QRZ Page

Description:
    After building two mcHF radio's, and parting one out to help a friend, I've decided to sell the entire setup to fund other radio projects. The mcHF is a small, home-brewed amateur radio project. Firmware is released as open-source and most project files are released as well. Some of the features that the mcHF has are:
    • Standalone and compact embedded transceiver
    • Continuous RX coverage 2-30 MHz
    • 0.5 - 15W output power
    • CW, SSB, AM and FM – transmit and receive. CW sidetone out without transmitting
    • 300/500 Hz CW up to 10 kHz “extra wide” filters for SSB/AM reception and adjustable passband centering
    • Also implemented are additional filtering options such as LPF & BPF specific filtering. Each selectable in all bands & modes.
    • SSB/AM Transmit Speech processor
    • DSP noise reduction
    • DSP automatic notch filter
    • Noise Blanker & Peak
    • Bass & Treble specific values for better usability.
    • SWR, PWR, and S meter.
    • Split VFO operation
    • Spectrum scope with multiple color & display options
    • Waterfall Display with configuration options for speed, freq width, and more
    • Optional touchscreen integration is possible.
    • Cat control & USB Audio functionality
    Included in the sale are the following components:
    Images are in order of this list and a video is available at the bottom.
    • (1) Complete & Functional mcHF radio
    • (1) Partially filled UI board (bad CPU trace as visible in picture, but usable components)
    • (1) UI Board with CPU only
    • (1) 98% complete RF board (needs mic jack if I remember correctly; mic jack included in parts below)
    • (1) Empty RF board
    • (1) Additional case with buttons, speaker holes, knobs, and drilled jack holes (slightly off-set)
    • (2) Internal Speakers with wiring attached
    • (9) Additional RD16HHF1 mosfets; 5 new, 4 used in other kits. 13 TOTAL w/ 4 already on boards
    • Multiple additional toroids, enough for remaining boards. (Count in picture is incorrect as I removed a few for additional project)
    • Over 70 different bags of components for completing the additional kits
    • I will include all current documentation used for building, a listing of the upgrades performed on the completed radio as well as the 95% complete UI board, necessary software to flash new firmware, etc.
    I will likely not split this sale up as this is a kit as all items are designed to fit together and there is little chance I'll use these components in another kit. I have over $1200 in parts and supplies. I'm asking $800 and I'll pay the shipping. I am willing to take MTR5B or MTR3B as partial payment. Paypal is preferred.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
    KK4CCA likes this.
  2. KY4AWB

KY4AWB Ham Member QRZ Page

I was asked to post some pictures of the boards that are currently inside the case. Below you will find a few pics of the UI board that is inside the case currently. The UI pics were all that I could find right now. I'll post some pics of the RF board as soon as I can get some shot. Also, one thing I took notice of when uploading these. The EEPROM chip just above and left of the CPU hasn't been installed, but I do have the chip in the parts above should you want to install it. Any other spots that you notice are blank come from various upgrades that rendered those chips unnecessary.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Safety Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling safety rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.