lotw

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by VK4QO, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: QSOToday-1
  1. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok. Sounds like what we may have had is the classic failure to communicate.

By your comment
    It appeared to me and most likely W7AV that you were referencing the DXCC program, various awards etc. and that it was an obscure group of hams interested in that sort of thing.
    I think what you meant perhaps was an obscure group of participants in that arena that want faster service or turnaround time for processing cards, LOTW and such. Only thing to offer about that is that the DXCC desk is always posting how long the DXCC applications are currently taking so I would think they must be aware of some concern by the applicants in regard to that.

As to the stats of the obscure group you spoke of, I don't have them and probably you don't either. No way to know if it is obscure or not.
    My comment was that those interested in DXCC other awards and contesting are not likely obscure. We were speaking of two different groups.

I'll take the strike on "complaining" though. Although, sometimes the difference between complaining and expressing an opinion are a fine line. But since I did use the term "complaining"...

As far as 356 confirmed and all goes, good! I am at 323 mixed confirmed so have some catching up to do. Things have gotten in the way through the years at times. That's okay, it's the trip, not the destination.

I imagine it is like contesting is sometimes. Seeing your score above some friends you know and giving them a hard time about it all in fun.
    Could be it got started in that direction at one time and it just took off.

2. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

It seems to happen to me a lot. Sorry if I came across in an insulting manner.

I doubt it - that' the golf metaphor where friends need to keep score in order to determine the winner. I never considered Dx'ing a winner/loser sport. Clearly the motivation is competition-based but that's silly on it's face in an activity where the oldest guy usually wins.

3. ZL2HAM

ZL2HAM Ham Member QRZ Page

You can now see the current status of the LoTW backlog:

http://www.arrl.org/logbook-queue-status

Currently: 28,000+ logs in the queue, with 9M+ QSOs in 3.9GB. Last log processed was uploaded on 3-Dec-2012 0400Z -- about 9 days ago.

In addition to their recent system crash, they had a bug where several uploaded logs were lost, due to name collisions in their file-based upload queue. If you uploaded a log before the current last-processed date, and it hasn't shown up in the "Your Activity" list of processed files yet for your account, you should re-upload.

I understand from someone at ARRL that the LoTW group is in the process of upgrading the database hardware to use SSDs, and that they are well aware of, and working on, other performance-related problems. Apparently, the increasing practice of people uploading logs daily or even more often is causing problems, given their current design.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.