LoTW

Discussion in 'Logbooks & Logging Programs' started by KK7EL, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-Geochron
  1. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Lifetime Member 279 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Not all ADIF files are the same. The problem you had sounds like a problem with MixW, not LoTW.

2. AB1QP

AB1QP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Really, imagine having to press the mouse button more than once to sign up for something! How inconvienient.
    And yet another mouse click to upload from HRD. What a pain.
    Why can't it read minds, like real software?

AB1QP
    -you know who you are. And so do we-

3. N2RJ

N2RJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Good logging software should have an option to output the ADIF file formatted for LoTW. I know HRD does. N1MM does too (by default its ADIF output is LoTW compatible).

4. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

You have 121,790 QSO records
    You have 44,451 QSL records

36.50% hit rate.

5. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I have started to transcribe my logbooks into some logging program called XMLLOG. All the rest (Writelog, etc) were WAY WAY Too PRICEY, and XML LOG was a FREEBIE. Supposedly it has ADIF output, but it sure is TEDIOUS to log all these contacts. I got from 1999 to sometime in 2002. Long ways to go til 2012! But most of my contacts are VHF contest contacts, which I still need to enter for GRID SQUARES for VUCC.

YAWN............................

Gonna take me YEARS to do this. But I would like to see how far along I am on my RTTY and CW DXCC, and the VUCC!

Don't know what I will do about all my 1968-1999 contacts!

6. UA6JD

UA6JD Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

V63AZ in LoTW for last week RTTY QSO.
    Thanks

7. N0AZZ

N0AZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

It is beyond me why some will only use free logging programs in a hobby that depends on it now more than ever before in the past. A really good one will do more for you than you can imagine and customized to do exactly what you want.

At the cost of what this hobby is today all things considered a good logger is one of the cheapest investments than you cam make for what it does. The very best logger there is Logic9 is only $139 and does what the others only dream of with there programs plus excellent phone and email support even to logging onto your computer and fixing anything that might be a problem with your install or what you want to customize. No one does that but Logic and it has cost me only a few pennies a day over the years for it. It can be downloaded for a free trial version good for 30 days a full working edition try all the others then try Logic9 you will see why I went to it years ago. I have no interest at all in this company other than they have a really great product.

8. N3XT

N3XT Ham Member QRZ Page

I just followed the instructions as outlined below and am now up and running on LoTW. Total time was less than a week. It takes I think 3 separate short (15min) sessions at your computer to complete.

1) Load the Software and send in your certificate request
    2) Enter in your Password from the Postcard to validate your information
    3) Recieve and install the file by e-mail.

That's it for getting things set up from an initial set-up standpoint. Just follow directions. So simple even a caveman could do it.

David C., N3XT

9. UA6JD

UA6JD Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

7Q7PRO in LoTW for last week CW QSO.
    5R8AL in LoTW for May 2010 CW QSO.
    Thanks

10. N2RJ

N2RJ Ham Member QRZ Page

About the same percentage here.

9,206 QSL/25,969 QSO = 35.45% hit rate.

This is actually a bit better than when I started using it in 2006. The hit rate was about 10-15% back then. Glad to see more people using the system!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.