LOTW WAS states

Discussion in 'SKED - QSO Scheduling' started by N4FZ, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. N4FZ

N4FZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

:) I would like to get WAS before I turn 60! :rolleyes: I am 47 now, lol. Need the following states for WAS LOTW, ARK, CO (LOTW challenged?) DE, MISS, MT, ND,SD, and RI. I am on 20 meters most days, afternoon or evening. I would be sincerely grateful for your help. Please email me at N4FZat ARRL.net 73 Gene

2. AA0CW

AA0CW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Email send for LOTW Colorado.

3. K2DSL

K2DSL Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Gene - something to try is checking out the http://www.obriensweb.com/sked/sked.php?page=lotw page. See if anyone from the states you need are listed and post a message. If they are available, they'd usually try most any band/mode they have capabilities on.

I'd help with the rare and exotic state of NJ, but you've somehow already logged that rare one.

K2DSL - David

4. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

How does one spend 31 years in HR and not have WAS? Moved around a lot? :confused:

5. KC2UGV

KC2UGV Ham Member QRZ Page

Ham radio isn't their life?

6. W0IS

W0IS Ham Member QRZ Page

It took me about 35 years.

A few times over the years, I decided to get WAS, but always lost interest before I got all of the cards collected. A couple of years ago, I decided to dig out my old cards and send for it, but as far as I can tell, I had never worked Delaware. At least, I didn't have it confirmed.

Since it had already been this long, I decided to start on 5BWAS, and after a couple of years, I still have a few more to work on 15 and 10. Along the way, I decided to pick up the Triple Play Award, which required me to get on digital for the first time. (I was busy picking up a lot of needed states by handing out QSO's for TPA, so I decided I may as well get it myself.) So when I got TPA last year, that was my first WAS award after 35 years of being a ham. With the sunspots picking up a bit, I should be able to finish off the needed ones on 15 and 10.

7. N4FZ

N4FZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

LOTW WAS

That's 32 years of Ham Radio! :D At first, WAS wasn't a big attraction for me. I enjoyed DXing, mostly. Now, after 32 rears, and a few other hobbies ago, I am now a middle-aged, DINK without a life! :eek: HIHI! I signed up a few years ago with LOTW and eQSL and decided to go after the coveted WAS and DXCC awards! I recently purchased a rig with 6 meters and made my first 6 meter contact last month. :cool: I also made my first RTTY and PSK31 contact last month! :eek: Thanks for the link above, I'll check it out. 73 Gene

8. WA4OTD

WA4OTD Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm similar story, was mostly radio silent for past 25 years. Been on for past 1.5 years again.

Good luck, I'm working on it also and HRD helps me keep track of WAS and DXCC.

Also keep track of the state QSO parties and you will get contacts easily on those weekends. Great contest page with state QSO parties listed at the top.
    http://www.hornucopia.com/contestcal/

9. W0IS

W0IS Ham Member QRZ Page

Since you've waited this long, and you're now signed up for LOTW and have digital capabilities, I would suggest going for the Triple Play Award, which is WAS on all 3 modes, confirmed in LOTW.

You can get most of the "easy" states during almost any contest, and most contesters are good about uploading to LOTW. Then, for the few remaining ones, you can head over to the K3UK sked page, where there's always a friendly group of hams happy to hand out a contact with their state.

10. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

HR isn't my life, either.

I just find it hard to believe it can take that long, especially when I worked 46 out of 50 states in a single weekend during the DE QSO party. Only missed HI, AK, SD, and WY.

But, hey, what do I know....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.