ad: Alphaant-1

LoTW verification guide broken?

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by N0NB, Jun 23, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. N0NB

N0NB Subscriber QRZ Page

Going through the guide a few minutes ago and I get to the slide that instructs me to click "View Certificates" in Firefox and then I click Next and it jumps me right to a screen that states the certificate upload failed as the certificate was not provided by my browser. Well, how can I provide it when I don't even get the instructions of how to store it in Firefox's certificate store? It seems a shortcut got stuck in the guide. :(

2. N0NB

N0NB Subscriber QRZ Page

Getting back to this, what the guide is skipping is that after clicking the "View Certificates" button, one needs to click the "Your Certificates" tab in the resulting sub window, then the "Import" button, select the certificate (CALLSIGN.p12) if needed, enter the password into the dialog, and the certificate should be added to the Firefox certificate store (actually done with Waterfox on Debian Linux). Then stepping through the guide once again, as it appeared the direct link did nothing, the certificate was uploaded, the password entered, and the account verified.

Hope this helps someone else.