LOTW Uploads have wrong timezone

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by VE1XE, Jan 15, 2020.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. VE1XE

VE1XE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi all,
    I have been uploading my LOTW records via TQSL, but today I decided to use the QRZ upload to LOTW feature.

Sadly, it seems to have uploaded all of my QSOs in the wrong timezone, and now my LOTW is filled with duplicates.

Can anyone help?
    73!

2. VE1XE

My mistake, it's not timezone, there are discrepancies in the times for the QSO, so they are appearing as duplicates. Does anyone know why the QRZ time would be different from my actual log?
    qsos11.png

3. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Some programs will ignore the seconds. I ran into this once but don't recall which it was and wound up with a bunch of dupes. I think it was JTAlert vs the WSJT-X log.

4. VE1XE

Okay, that makes sense, it does look like rounding. I hope that the LOTW algorithm will work with both times? I don't want to miss any matches.

5. WJ4U

WJ4U Ham Member QRZ Page

When I asked LoTW about similar problem they said to upload correct QSOs. The incorrect ones will not result in a match, and they do not delete anything.

6. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Lifetime Member 279 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

You won't miss any matched. The extra entry will not hurt anything. Check your Callsign Certificate for LoTW and see what the range of time is set to. If the time of your entry and the worked station is within that time range, you will get a confirmation. All of this is explained on the LoTW web page on the ARRL website.

................Bob

7. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

QRZ sends records as they appear in your logbook at the time of sending to LoTW. No time conversions are performed and all is done through TQSL , as if you were to do it; in fact, you must use your TQSL account password during the process.

8. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

As previously stated, QRZ sends records as they appear in your logbook at the time of sending to LoTW.

Looking at your history, you are importing very frequently. In the process of importing QRZ tests for duplicates according to the rules below.

Duplicates are determined when a match exists between the incoming record and an
    existing record in the database where:
    The two callsigns match -and-
    The operating BAND is the same -and-
    The operating MODE is the same -and-
    The QSO DATE is the same -and-
    The QSO Start Time is the same to the minute.

Duplicate Rules:
    If the duplicate has not yet been confirmed, the incoming record REPLACES the existing one.
    If the duplicate is of a confirmed record, it is IGNORED.

Observing the result of your Jan 15 import at 13;47:
    6 QSO's were inserted
    139 duplicates were replaced
    83 duplicates ignored
    0 errors.

This is an ADIF file related problem. It indicates that the source ADIF file data differs with each re-creation. Somehow, the existing QSO time is being changed during the period from most recent ADIF file to newly created ADIF file. Perhaps you can trace this down.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    DF2GX likes this.