ad: ProAudio-1

LOTW- Renew or not

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W4IOA, Jan 10, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
  1. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

It's time to renew my lotw, having a hard time convincing myself to go through the process.
    Is this normal?

2. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

If you see value in LoTW, renew. If you don't see value in LoTW, don't renew

Pretty simple :)

Dave
    W7UUU

KS4W, K7MH, KK4NSF and 2 others like this.
  3. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

Value is a hard to define idea.
    Part of me wants to say bag it because of the silly idea of having to renew every three years. I know it doesn't take an AE license and mustache to figure the procedure, it's just seems to force one into hoop jumping for no good reason beyond the answer "because".

4. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

What process?

Request a new certificate. Receive it in email, usually within 24-48 hours. Download attachment. Upload it. Activate it.

Can all be done in less time (outside of waiting for the new cert to be emailed) than it took me to type all this.

Sheesh. Do we really need to make a mountain out of this molehill?

Sometimes I think some people just look for a reason to — WINLINK!! — argue, just like a dog being distracted by — SQUIRREL! — a squirrel.

W7DAZ, KS4W, N2SR and 4 others like this.
  5. N6PAT

N6PAT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

No. It is not normal. I suggest therapy. Good luck with that.

K8ATG likes this.
  6. W0IS

W0IS Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't worry--there's no postcard involved this time around. I forget the exact procedure, which is slightly more complicated than necessary, but it's pretty easy.

KK5JY likes this.
  7. VK4HAT

VK4HAT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It is way more complected than it need be, you would think we are dealing with cryptocurrency not qsl confirmations. But it is the crazy system we have and we all have to deal with it. Eventually this hobby will move into the 21st century. But that time is not now.

US7IGN likes this.
  8. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's easy - even I know how to do it.

K7MH, KU4X and W7UUU like this.
  9. K7TRF

K7TRF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Renewal is easy, I just did it last week. All you really need is a new TQSL certificate and all you do is request one, they send it via email, you save the attachment, open TQSL and upload the new certificate.

It's much easier than the process you went through originally.

WU8Y likes this.
  10. US7IGN

US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't renew my lotw. Complex process, and all this electronic crap is not interesting for me. I prefer paper cards.

KB9OFM, W2AAT and VK4HAT like this.