LOTW logging from second home

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by AC1LL, Jun 17, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. AC1LL

AC1LL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The registered license with the FCC for my address is my home near Boston. I'm putting together my ham shack at a second home in midcoast Maine. QRZ uses my "official" home address. I've entered the grid square for my operating location. I tried to upload my adif from QRZ into LOTW but got the error that my grid square is in Maine while my address is in MA. How do I fix this?
    thanks

2. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Lifetime Member 279 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

3. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Lifetime Member 279 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Also, and from what I understand, each QRZ logbook is unique to the call, location and date range. You will need a separate QRZ logbook for the new location. QRZ uses the *.p12 file generated from your LoTW certificate to automatically upload to LoTW but I don't know if the p12 file also contains unique location data. It appears the location data is in the tQSL program where you assign different locations to the same certificate associated with your primary call. From what I understand, QRZ does not use tQSL directly to upload to LoTW so it's a mystery to me how QRZ handles different locations when uploading to LoTW.

Hopefully someone will give us the answer and we both can learn something knew.

4. AC1LL

AC1LL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks -- I found my own solution. Basically I was uploading a wsjtx log to QRZ and then exporting it. QRZ is adding my home location. When I directly uploaded the wsjtx log into LOTW it works fine

W4PG likes this.
  5. HB9FIH

HB9FIH Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes here same.
    I'm sailing in Aegean sea.
    Every 2 days another Loc...
    And the HAM's which collecting LOC's stay in rain...must correct them manually on eventually paper QSL.