LOtW issues?

Discussion in 'Logbooks & Logging Programs' started by N3DT, Mar 29, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: HRDLLC-2
  1. N3DT

N3DT Ham Member QRZ Page

That's nice, but what if your logger program won't let you change it?

2. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Time for a better logger?

3. N3DT

N3DT Ham Member QRZ Page

I tried logger32 and didn't like it. Any ideas on which one is most like the HRD V5?

4. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

For FT modes I use the WSJT-X built-in logger, then export to eQSL, LoTW, and QRZ

5. N3DT

N3DT Ham Member QRZ Page

The WSJT-X logger is OK for what it is, but I do like all the extra fields HRD supplies and it's easy to get to. I import everything into HRD and download from there to lotw and eqsl, I don't mess with qrz. I guess I started with HRD back when I still did a lot of CW work (when it actually was V5) and used the DX clusters. It was nice to find and log things through that almost auto. I thought that was easy until FT8 came along, but I do get 'mind logged' with FT8 sometimes. I sort of wish I'd get back to more CW. It's just a bit less mind numbing, but not much sometimes. Actually I think CW can work more faster if that's what you're interested in. With luck and good ops you can probably log a CW contact in 15s or less. I'm just more interested in seeing what I can find than how much I can do. Like the other evening 15M at 10pm here was hot into Oceania. The FT8 screen was just full of VK and ZL plus some others. Then the power went off. Ugh and they were mostly in the single digit S/N too.

6. KJ6ZH

KJ6ZH Ham Member QRZ Page

Am trying to upload my log from HRD v5.
    My last upload was on 8/10/2019.
    I opened HRD Logbook, highlighted all entries from 8/11/2019 to 4/11/2020 and saved as an ADI file.
    Opened TQSL (which I updated to the most recent version) and selected "Sign a Log and Save for Uploading Later".
    Selected my saved ADI file and my location, etc.
    TQSL gives me the following error for all my entries:

Error: Station Location does not match QSO details
    The Station Location 'Gridsquare' has value 'none' while QSO has 'CM98JS' on line 20
    band: 160m
    band_rx: 160m
    call: K0KO
    freq: 1.841500
    mode: FT8
    my_cq_zone: 3
    my_gridsquare: CM98JS
    my_itu_zone: 6
    station_callsign: KJ6ZH
    time_on: 114300
    qso_date: 20200408

All my entries have locations for me and the station worked.

What is wrong??

Chris - KJ6ZH

7. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Chris: in TQSL menu click Station Location then Edit and ensure the correct information has been entered.

8. N3DT

N3DT Ham Member QRZ Page

The issue is most likely with your TQSL entries, or rather how you signed/entered your info in it. I suggest modifying the 'hosts' file and use the one click method from HRD V5. It's been working fine for me.

9. KJ6ZH

KJ6ZH Ham Member QRZ Page

Checked the info in TQSL and the grid for me was CM98jt and NOT CM98js.
    Corrected it in TQSL and everything uploaded FB.
    Thanks for the help!
    73 Chris KJ6ZH

WJ4U likes this.
  10. KC1BMD

KC1BMD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The HOSTS file entry workaround was successful. Both uploads and downloads using the HRD (v.5.24.0.38) logbook interface stopped working in the last week of March (although I could successfully sign the ADIF file and upload the data using TQSL 2.5.2). Both started working normally immediately after editing the HOSTS file as described in this thread. I did edit my log to solve some issues with OWNER and OPERATOR fields that could impact future data transfer. I anticipate upgrading to the latest paid version soon, to be able to take advantage of new rig models that were added.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020