ad: SuperQSO-1

LOTW - how many hams use this?

Discussion in 'Logbooks & Logging Programs' started by KA1YBS, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KE3FG

KE3FG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Upload the corrected entry...

• Just upload the corrected ADIF entry.The incorrect entry that you previously uploaded will remain an unmatched harmless zombie.

2. K4FX

K4FX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

LOTW

I love LOTW! I have had pretty good luck with it, out of 33,893 QSO's uploaded, I have 13,889 QSL's. I have found that most all dx-peditions use LOTW saving me a lot of time and money. One thing that is particularly helpful is that the ARRL has the QSL as soon as you do, so no time or expense in sending off QSLs for verification. For people like myself who are more interested in the credit than the actual card, it is the only way to fly. I have gotten some pretty good stuff from LOTW, such as P5/4L4FN, North Korea,

As far as being difficult to implement, I think LOTW is one of those things that is so easy is SEEMS difficult. after initially sending in the documents to the ARRL to get on with, renewal is very easy. Be sure and backup your certs in case of a hard drive crash, and getting everything back up is a piece of cake.

As one poster said, some folks only upload a few times a year so you can wait for some QSL's, but others upload daily so QSL's can be fast. For instance I worked 9M2MRS for an overall new one and got the QSL in less than three hours. My all time record was a QSO with a PA station in the Netherlands, and we both uploaded after the QSO just by chance, and confirmed the QSO about 5 min after we signed.

I would strongly urge you all to give LOTW a chance, its benefits far outweigh any negatives you may encounter.

3. AC0IV

AC0IV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

LoTW

I like LoTW and did not find it difficult at all. Including getting Certificates for my OX3UR call and special event OX60AD. By the way all of their log information is loaded to LoTW as well as my current call AC0IV. I load to LoTW daily. By the way I still enjoy the cards and always respond to cards I recieve. I do send cards to most with SASE. I like the pretty pictures!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.