LoTW, eQSL, QRZ or any other E- Log confirmation percentage

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N5WTF, Dec 2, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

So. Much. Hatred. :(

K3XR and KK5JY like this.
  2. N5WTF

N5WTF Ham Member QRZ Page

It is rapidly growing when certain people just want to troll and add nothing of substance to the actual topic that was posted.

So hopefully we can get back on topic of what everyone is tracking for an actual confirmation percentage.

Thanks
    N5WTF

3. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

I doubt most people really care. Most of us just log our contacts and, hopefully, we get confirmations which is nice if you chase paper. If not, you know you made the contact and what difference does it matter who uploads a confirmation? Life is too short to worry about others uploading contacts.

KJ3N, K3XR, N8JLM and 2 others like this.
  4. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'd like to add my experience to the original post because it covers two eras:

During my first license period ('74-'96) I used mailed cards only. I recall response being very good --80-90%.
    Second license period ('16--present) I used mailed cards, eQSL and LOTW. Response was 5-10%, 10-20%, and 50-60% accordingly (many were duplicated). I now rely on LOTW but will respond by mail to those I receive by mail. Since adopting my revised QSL preferences it's is now 5%, 0%, and 50-60% with no duplicates.

IMO QSLing is a quaint historical practice. No longer important to many hams. In fact my first QSL since getting relicensed actually told me that when I chased him down as my first since relicensing. And that's actually OK. I'm living with it.

N5WTF and WE4B like this.
  5. N5WTF

N5WTF Ham Member QRZ Page

Although I fully support freedom of speech and what not, I will now ask you to kindly not answer anything I post. It is obvious that you really do not care about a whole lot. You continue to troll the post and add nothing of value to a post. I will give you credit for the good advice on bettering my antennas. Thank you.

I ask a specific question and you have to interject your personal opinion although you do not have an answer relevant to the question asked.

I appreciate everyone that has answered the question that was posed with actual numbers relevant to the topic.

Thanks
    N5WTF

N8JLM likes this.
  6. W4RAV

W4RAV Ham Member QRZ Page

No doubt. Who cares who "validates" your QSO? There's an awful lot of jumping through hoops just to PAY for a piece of paper you can print out yourself.
    (My word is no less valid to me than a corporation of strangers.)

Awards are an industry. One designed to charge you 20+ bucks to print and mail you a sheet of paper.
    (And I get it.... gotta pay the electric bills!)

Your wallpaper, in all likelihood, will just end up in the recycling when you die.

Money better spent on more gear! :)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    WE4B and KK5JY like this.
  7. W4RAV

Meanwhile, my e-confirmed QSOs run between about 35 to 60 percent, depending on the service.

Digi-modes confirm WAY more than CW or phone in my experience.

N5WTF likes this.
  8. K7TRF

K7TRF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I guess it's no surprise that the modes that require a computer to operate might also have a much higher QSL rate, at least for electronic QSLs.

N5WTF and W4RAV like this.
  9. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

I am not adequately entertained. Do it again, this time with gusto.

KI7HSB and N5WTF like this.
  10. W4RAV

Seems to me that the "old skool" folks tend to be anti-tech. Without realizing that technology is what made their hobby possible.

Anyone who says they "don't do" or "only do" is just a sucker for nostalgia.

I mean, really, if you applied that to your every-day living, you'd be riding a horse-n-buggy to work and checking your email via pony express! :)

Me, I like being able to answer questions I have near-instantly. VS sending off a letter and hoping to get a response in a couple of weeks.

There's SO much to do. Why limit yourself to the methods of yesteryear.