LoTW, eQSL, QRZ or any other E- Log confirmation percentage

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N5WTF, Dec 2, 2019 at 8:01 PM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. N5WTF

N5WTF Ham Member QRZ Page

I am well aware of that! Hence why I am asking the question as to what peoples confirmed QSO percentage is. I log every one of my contacts that are confirmed verbally both directions.

K4AGO likes this.
  2. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I log on paper in real time. If i don't think the contact is complete (I don't have rules...you know when you know) then I don't upload them. I get quite a few on eQSL who claim a contact afterwards and if they are in my paper log where I've noted a broken QSO I'll manually confirm them. Maybe a 73 got missed or something. I'm not a soup Nazi trying to avoid confirming contacts.

N8JLM, K4AGO and N5WTF like this.
  3. WW2PT

WW2PT Ham Member QRZ Page

I never bothered to calculate my QRZ rate until now.
    3929/5763 = 68% return rate.

0FF20383-DD51-4027-B836-17A1016C47DA.jpeg

N5WTF likes this.
  4. N5CM

N5CM Ham Member QRZ Page

I operate > 99% CW and log in a logbook. After a session or at most a couple of days after a session, I use TQSL to enter my QSOs into LoTW. I put all QSOs into LoTW even if I'm pretty sure the other station doesn't use it. Current confirmation rate is 54.8%

5. N5WTF

N5WTF Ham Member QRZ Page

I do the same thing. I need to get better at taking notes on broken calls. Usually if its that bad I can not get enough of the callsign to make an educated guess. o_O

K4AGO likes this.
  6. N4BC

N4BC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My confirmed numbers are 76% on QRZ and 71% on LOTW.

WF4W likes this.
  7. K4AGO

K4AGO Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree. I don't log a contact that does not 73. That may not be how everyone else does it, but those are my standards. I think the "required information is Call Sign, Signal report and, a piece of information. Some count the signal report as the information. I (my personal opinion) think a 73 (required information) is necessary. My feelings aside, it is the gentlemanly thing to do.

If I am wrong, anyone, please feel free to correct me.

N8JLM and N5WTF like this.
  8. K4AGO

K4AGO Ham Member QRZ Page

You are absolutely correct. But, there are a surprising number of people (in my local club) that simply do not know how to use LOTW (TQSL.)

It is not intuitive to some hams.

9. K1LKP

K1LKP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

===================== log_online2_1_.gif

qrz log.jpg

=================== kangaroo2[1].gif

N5WTF likes this.
  10. WF4W

WF4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

that's good!

I thought mine were good at:

QRZ: 67.5%