LoTW and QRZ awards

Discussion in 'QRZ Operating Awards' started by K1TA, Apr 6, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K1TA

K1TA QRZ Lifetime Member #282 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I have several DX QSO's that are in my log that show confirmed by QRZ and LoTW but are not used for DX100 Awards? For Example:
    2015-03-02 23:32 ZD8D 20M 14.041 CW II22tb [​IMG] Ascension Island New ZD8D activity DJ9KH

This is a mystery to me. can anyone shed some light on this?

I just can't figure out how I have more confirmed contacts in LoTW than in QRZ when I sync them every other day.

Tom K1TA

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
    KK6JKC likes this.
  2. WG7X

WG7X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Is it possible that the LOTW users do not also use QRZ?

For example, if you ever work me, I will show up in LOTW but not on QRZ, because I do not use QRZ log.

Just asking. I probably did not understand the question...

3. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

QRZ logbook users that are also enrolled in LoTW can download (import) from their LoTW account into their QRZ logbook; QRZ provides credit for LoTW confirmations.

4. K1TA

I have and the system has not given me credit for several accepted entities. Don't know why.

5. K1TA

It shouldn't matter if they are QRZ members (I thought?). If LoTW gives me credit for a QSO, why doesn't QRZ Log use it for an award in just a few cases? In the entry I was using as an example (2015-03-02 23:32 ZD8D 20M 14.041 CW) QRZ shows it as confirmed by LoTW but not used for an award?

upload_2016-4-8_9-29-43.png

6. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

A confirmation exists when your QSO record matches your worked party's record of it by Callsigns, Band, Mode and UTC Date/Time within a 30-minute window. If so, it is marked confirmed.

For a QSO to be given credit for an Award, then it must have passed a confirmation field match as well - this is an added Award field; for example the State fields must match. If the added field does not match or is blank then the QSO record cannot be given Award credit even though it might otherwise be confirmed.

Click on Awards then analyze the desired award. If QSO records exist that might qualify but do not already, a detail list is supplied; in which case click on Detail to obtain same.

7. W1DQ

The QSO with ZD8D has been used as a credit in your K1TA DX100 award.

8. N0MQJ

N0MQJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am having the same issue with WAS. I downloaded from LoTW (yesterday), it shows that it is confirmed via LoTW yet that state is still showing as Unconfirmed for WAS.

Screenshot 2016-04-12 at 8.28.32 AM.png

9. W1DQ

There is a processing delay as the checking does not occur in real time. Your QSO with AC4RC has been credited to your 50 States award. Your QSO with K4JAB has not been confirmed as there is no corresponding record of this QSO in K4JAB's logbook; it needs to be added by K4JAB.

10. W5THT

W5THT Ham Member QRZ Page

Where is the overview of the QRZ dot com log entry procedure?
    People keep asking me to enter QSO data into their QRZ dot com logs individually.
    I upload to LOTW, EQSL, and Clublog, so how do I upload to you ?
    Right now I am on QSO 22,836 so hunt-and peck just won't do what you need.
    Please email w5tht at arrl dot net with where to read how to do the monthly upload.
    At age 75, I need simple instructions.
    Thanks
    Pat