ad: Radclub22-1

Lost mail . . .

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by Z32XX, Oct 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. Z32XX

Z32XX Ham Member QRZ Page

After the terrorist attacks on 11.09.2001 many letters which I sent to the Qsl managers in the USA, South and Central America, has been lost. I got answers from the managers by email saying that they never received my letters. Also registered mail is not an option.

Before 11.09.2001 I got almost all requested Qsl's sent direct. This is not a case with the letters sent to some other parts of the world, Japan for example...

Does anyone else has the same bad experience ?

Dragan Z32XX

2. N6AJR

N6AJR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I havent had a problem yet, but I usually send my request and my card direct, with a buck or two to cover the cost of their stamp and a self addressed return envelope. I get virtually 100% return and usually with in a month or so. Lots of dx folks don't have a bunch of cash to spend on mail and they make hundreds or thousands of contacts a month, so a little help is in order.

If it is a dxpedition I might send a $5 bill to help defray the cost of the dxpedition, or like the card I sent for the USS HORNET , i included some extra cash with a note to use it towards equipment for the radio room on he ship. If we all help a bit it works better.

73 and have fun this is a hobby, not a job tom N6AJR

3. WB6VPM

WB6VPM Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (k6ntl @ Oct. 21 2002,19:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Greetings,

Not to be a smart @$$ or anything, but isn't the author what we call DX? I think he is more concerned about not getting cards to us in the US. I think he was more or less asking other DX about it, actually.
    If he wants to send us green, blue, or red, or whatever color stamps, ok, but being DX himself, I bet he doesn't need to.
    Like I said, not being smart, just thought you may have mistaken his call for a US call.

73, Kevin[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Not to be a Smart A$$ myself, but at least he does try to get our cards to us, which is more than some DX operators do.

My 2 Cents

Mike
    WB6VPM [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.