ad: Radclub22-1

Loss of two meter simplex frequencies IMMINENT in Texas!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WX5VHF, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

Probably because with 314 posts and 21,000 views they figure it isn't an issue. If you look at the posts, most have been made by about 10 people. If this thread has been viewed 21,000 times, most viewing it don't care to comment. Must not be that big of an issue. It will be interesting to see what becomes of it, really. Looks like most people don't care, either way. I only post for the lulz.

Joe

2. N5YPJ

N5YPJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Like I said in an earlier post, I don't mind moving when necessary. I don't think it's right, that's my opinion, we all have one. I think that for those interested in the issue it needs to not cost them a tank or two or three of gas plus a day's travel to vote. I was perusing the Society's web site and saw where recently club officer elections were held and mail in ballots were used, so why not in this instance also?

Question - what protection, if any, does the weak signal ssb, cw, etc. and satellite sub bands have from being taken for other uses?

3. AA5EY

AA5EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Like I said in an earlier post, Iam not moving !

See ya in Austin

4. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

I wonder who counts the votes?

5. N5YPJ

N5YPJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Good question. Do they even count them?

6. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

if I'm working FM simplex,.... and some repeater comes up on MY ACTIVE freq, doesn't have the ability to listen where it transmits or determine if the freq is in use and then QRM's me.

then you can be sure that the trustee of that machine will be held accountable...

your license,..... your responsibility

7. K3TD

K3TD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Anyone know how the vote went at the Texas VHF-FM Society meeting? I had to leave Summerfest before the meeting started.

73!

8. KJ4WMQ

KJ4WMQ Ham Member QRZ Page

It's because it's in a state that I don't live

I don't fight for gun laws in California because I don't care. I would never live there

if HAM is that important to you and your state wants to F you like that, pack your ####, and move elsewhere.

if this happens in my state, you can be assured I'll be on top of it

9. ND5R

ND5R Ham Member QRZ Page

the no vote WINS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.