Loss of Receive using WSJT-X part II

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by K7GQ, May 7, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. K7GQ

K7GQ Subscriber QRZ Page

to recap: using High Sierra, WSJT-X stopped receiving audio on a USB port on my MacBook Pro though other programs (JS8CALL, fldigi, cocoaModem) do. WSJT-X does transmit using the same USB port without issue.

Yesterday, I took an external HD which was cloned from a desktop computer of mine running High Sierra, booted from it using the MacBook Pro, and installed Mojave. WSJT-X and the three other digital programs worked OK. Encouraged, I upgraded my MacBook Pro to Mojave last evening and immediately learned that WSJT-X still does not "receive", while the other three programs work fine.

So this eliminates hardware and High Sierra versus Mojave while leaving some HD-unique items such as Preferences open for discussion or solution.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  2. DL2RUM

DL2RUM Ham Member QRZ Page

Try this: Quit WSJT-X and go to ~/Library/Preferences and delete the file WSJT-X.ini

K3DCW likes this.
  3. K7GQ

K7GQ Subscriber QRZ Page

Tom, you WIN a pizza and beer(s) - either here in JN44oh or at Friedrichshafen!

Vielen dank!

K3DCW likes this.
  4. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Glad to hear you got it working!

5. DL2RUM

DL2RUM Ham Member QRZ Page

It's a good reason to show up there.
    This morning I remembered that I have had the same issue for years ago. I figured out which exact setting caused the trouble but I can't find it again in my brain.

6. K7GQ

K7GQ Subscriber QRZ Page

Did you attend? I had hoped to meet you there last month. After all, the offer is still good.