Loop Antenna

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by K1AKI, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
  1. W5RB

W5RB Guest

Response from the support e-mail address is sometimes unfortunately slow . Call them , and I'm confident you'll get a prompt resolution of your problem .

2. W8NSI

W8NSI Ham Member QRZ Page

MFJ Service

When I bought my super tuner from MFJ, I had an issue with the counter. They responded quickly and even sent a new counter for it, no charge. I guess results vary...

3. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

My Loop

Glad you found the problem and hope you can get the tuning box to work.
    I have plenty of room for a fullwave wire loop in the woods behind my house.
    Nothing fancy, just used (Length in feet=1005/F in mHz) as a starting point. Suspended between 4 convienient trees at 35 ft up and fed with a quarterwave of 75 ohm RG6 spliced to a long run of RG8x to the house. !
    No tuner needed for this scheme.
    Beats a dipole by a few S units up to around 1000 miles and farther than that I use my vertical Butternut antenna.
    I have a 2nd loop up for 30M.
    I tried one for 80M but there was no way I could get up high enough to get it to work properly, needed to be about 40 feet HIGHER:eek:, so it worked about same as my dipole so I took it down.
    Good luck, JD

4. W7LPN

W7LPN Ham Member QRZ Page

The link didn't post before...?

http://www.n4kc.com/ see skywire :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.