Looky loo buyers

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by KB7QPS, Feb 4, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. N3AB

N3AB Subscriber QRZ Page

And if it's "gently used", expect to pay extra. Premium prices for "minty". :confused:

2. N7EKU

N7EKU Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi,

The price difference seems about what it should be. eBay fees are 10% of sale price+shipping which means it's usually more like 11-13% fee on your item. So you got $100 more less about $60 for eBay fees so you actually only got about $40 more. To the buyer on eBay they are willing to pay this much more for the easy protection you get on eBay: any thing at all wrong when you get it (shipping damage, not received, not as described, etc) and it is easy to get all of your money back. This is not something you get with a sale on a forum.

I would rather sell on the forum, but it depends on the situation and item; sometimes eBay is better -- especially if you don't have a lot of time to wait.

Mark.

N3AB likes this.
  3. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You forgot "not used for contesting", "only used at 30 watts" on a 100 watt radio and I never ran the amplifier at full power"

Ah fooey with that lying crap, tell it like it is...
    "I yelled obscenities into the microphone thats included with that sumbitch often and ran the power control on 11 !"

"I'm selling it because I like the asking price dollars more than the radio"

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  4. N3AB

N3AB Subscriber QRZ Page

The latest term I've been seeing is "lightly used".

But even if it was "lightly used", "gently used", or "minty", the next thing you read is "no returns due to parts swappers".

Worse than used car salesmen. :confused::confused::confused:

N1VAU likes this.
  5. N7JS

N7JS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Oh yeah, the good ole "no return due to parts swappers". It's getting to the point where sellers are using that line when selling a microphone cord. Just be honest, tell them exactly what they are getting, give a fair price, provide a bunch of IN FOCUS pics, and it will probably be just fine. P.S. If it is truly "minty" be prepared to pay the bucks because so many people toss equipment around like it's a beach ball!

N3AB and N1VAU like this.
  6. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm just shocked at the way prices are going on used rigs.... I know this has been discussed elsewhere, but with used Icom 7300's in the $700 range, I'm kind of at a loss why the FT450D still sells so quickly at $550, and people are asking $700 or more for an Icom 7100, when you can get a vastly superior 7300 for about the same.

Then I saw someone asking $600 for at Icom 7200, and still the Yaesus fly off of the forum at $550.

Quick drop in prices has created bargains, and leaving people confused as to what to price things at, I guess. And a million 7300's out there...

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  7. N1VAU

Where are the $700 7300s?

8. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Lately, most of them seem to emanate from Nigeria via Paypal F&F :rolleyes:

Dave
    W7UUU

W3ESE, KP4SX and N1VAU like this.
  9. N1VAU

I hear shipping from there is pretty slow!

10. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've seen at least one from a verified seller, in the past few days.

This one came with an SM30 mic:

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/icom-ic-7300.662117/

So... either the "Verified Seller" thing isn't working, or we're seeing huge price drops on the 7300.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019