ad: QSKLLC-1

Looking to set up a WebSDR server - has anyone here done that?

Discussion in 'Rig Control, Propagation, Cluster, & Other Softwar' started by WA1QIX, Sep 18, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. WA1QIX

WA1QIX Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi !

I'm looking to set up a WebSDR server using the "real" WebSDR software. I have looked at other packages, and from what I can see, WebSDR is the best - and the only one that seems to support a spectral display. All others I've seen support waterfall display only.

I have written to the gentleman who runs the WebSDR site - and who authored the software, but I never got any reply.

The WebSDR idea at my site grew out of people who I have granted access, to use my remote control software as a "listener". But, my remote control software is designed for remote control, and it works very well in this respect. However, it does not provide for receiver control of any sort (that is done by other software). And, while it can support a lot of users, it's not specifically designed for the purpose.

My location is *extremely* quiet, line-noise wise. There really is none. And it is high on a hill, and the antenna system is up at 90+ feet, with a full radial ground system. So, it would be a good site for a WebSDR. With that, users can choose on which frequency they wish to listen, what mode, etc. .. all of the usual WebSDR stuff.

But, I didn't get any response from the author, so I'm a bit stuck at the moment.

Any ideas? I have the hardware and everything else I need.

Thanks!! Steve.

2. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

From the FAQ's:

Q: I sent you a mail an hour ago and I don't have an answer yet. Should I resend it? Or better, spam it to all your e-mail addresses?
    A: No, please don't. The WebSDR project is only a hobby project for me, and I get quite a lot of mail about it; it may take a couple of days for me to respond, as other things have higher priority. Only resend the mail if you got a bounce message.

Have you given him a few days? He could be on vacation, sick, got something else going on, etc.

3. WA1QIX

WA1QIX Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks - yes - almost a week at this point. I am sympathetic to taking time to reply to emails. I get a lot of email myself (for the class E project and my web site classeradio.com).

Regards, Steve