Looking for Pinout of Motorola Permacode Filters

Discussion in 'VHF/UHF - 50Mhz and Beyond' started by AD7I, Jun 29, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. AD7I

AD7I Ham Member QRZ Page

Still looking....

I'm trying to use some Motorola Permacode filters (those used in Minitor II pagers) to make my own home-brew two-tone decoder. Does anyone happen to have the pinout for the Permacode filters? These are 4 pin devices and I suspect the pins are Ground, Power In, Audio In and Audio Out. I'm sort of groping in the dark a bit here. I'm also looking for the specific voltage used to power the filter. And finally, what's the expected output from the Permacode filter with the proper frequency input tone?: a sine wave at the desired frequency (like a very high Q band pass filter)? or is there a level detector in the Permacode filter so the output is a DC value (i.e, something like low output on correct tone detect and high output otherwise)?

I've checked the obvious sources (google, repeaterbuilder.com, radioreference.com), but haven't found anything. I'm hoping that someone has an old Minitor II service manual in their files and could take a look at that and let me know.

I appreciate any information people can provide about these filters.

Thank you.

2. ZL1TKL

ZL1TKL Ham Member QRZ Page

tried austech forums ???? maybe ????

3. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

There is a Motorola E-Mail reflector on the "mailman" lists. You can sign up for the list at

http://mailman.qth.net/

Then, post your inquiry and see if anyone there has the information.

Glen, K9STH

4. AD7I

AD7I Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you Glen. I'll give that a try.

Paul, ad7i

5. WA8NVW

WA8NVW Ham Member QRZ Page

You might also include the model number of the PermaCode filters already in your possession. Several similar but electrically different models were used in portable and paging products over the decades.

6. KB0MNM

KB0MNM Ham Member QRZ Page

This is a very long shot: I worked for a friend in St.Paul Minnesota ( McKnight road near 3M ) who had a few broken pagers and a manual for them. They did have replaceable code elements. Someone might check to see if Denny Mix, owner of United Towing has that manual and wants to sell the book or the entire system. Be aware that it is a long shot because this was before 1991- I moved away and had not visited since at least 2000- about 20 years ago. K0GX may know...