Looking for Ham radio deluxe "like" software for Ubuntu

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by WF9Q, May 26, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. W6TUX

W6TUX Ham Member QRZ Page

Actually, what I did was go back and "Uninstall" it from the Software "Manager" widget, then did a fresh install from their website, using terminal commands all strung together per their new downloads page for CQRLOG - I was testing to see if the author's 201.0.1-1 revision included all of the dependencies getting installed along with it, (it did for the basics, which was all I was after at that point - wanted to make TRX control work with my 718). I doubt it would "hurt" to simply use those same commands to do an install over the package, (imagine you may have already done so by the time I saw your response). I am interested in "the rest of the story" too, including fldigi and wsjtx - but that is another story.

There are some pretty good video's on CQRLOG on YouTube that give great hints - but even the latest are 4 months old and want you to install an older version than Petr's latest effort, which seems to be working very sweet indeed!

If you want to see everything I did, you can point your browser to intux.net/?p=1337 (the page on my old blog about the 718 v/s CQRLOG - you might find some hints. There, you will see I'm gearing up to eventually use it with the other digital modes, now that I've got TRX control working. Most of the credit for that list of packages to install goes to K8WDX - looking at his efforts on-line kind of "inspired me" to try it with that latest version of CQRLOG instead. So far, so good.

73, de dave W6TUX

2. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Why install an old version and then the new version? If you setup the PPA from OK2CQR's website, you just download and setup the latest version one time, then it will automatically update whenever Petr releases a new version.

3. W6TUX

W6TUX Ham Member QRZ Page

Today I was helping a buddy troubleshoot his CQRLOG > FT-950 - having trouble with TRX control over his rig, and since I wasn't testing, did that very thing, (keeping his current "Preferences" settings in the process). That all worked like a champ - his problem turned out to be a faulty USB hub his FTDI cable was plugged into. Replaced it, bumped up the baud to 9600 on the rig and preferences, and his rig control is "snappy" and solid.