Looking for Ham radio deluxe "like" software for Ubuntu

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by WF9Q, May 26, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Does any one know of ham software with similar functionality as Ham Radio Deluxe that will run on Ubuntu?

2. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

HRD has soooo much "functionality", what parts do you want or need?

you can always run HRD in a Windows VM, on your linux system. I do not believe HRD runs well under WINE but I have not tried it lately...

3. K2CQW

K2CQW Ham Member QRZ Page

Fldigi. Good luck

4. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Log book, lotw/qrz uploads, psk, cw. HRD basic concept but fluid, at the present it is way too much monkey business and feature overlap. I just adore the callsign, name grab and fill feature, just to name a few.

5. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

CQRlog can do the logging, LoTW uploads, etc. It integrates with Fldigi somewhat and can auto-import the logs from Fldigi. The callsign, name grab and fill features are available in Fldigi as well. So, that gets you logging, rig control, and digital modes.

6. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

I use a Timewave Navigator and that might another big issue with going to Linux.

7. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Nope. Native support in the Linux kernel. It is easier to setup and use in Linux than on Windows or OS X. Literally plug it in and make sure you're part of the dialout group. That's it.

8. W6TUX

W6TUX Ham Member QRZ Page

I am running a brand new installation of the latest CQRLOG v. 2.0.1-1, under Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon, (Mint is based on Ubuntu and uses their "Software Center" to add packages), and am tickled as I can be with it.

The package from the Ubuntu Software Center was old and did not work with my IC-718, however, by going to CQRLOG.com - you can visit their download page for instruction on installation of their PPA, and latest version via a terminal session. Now, my system will check for updates to CQRLOG each time I run Mint's "Update Manager".

9. WA4SIX

WA4SIX Ham Member QRZ Page

Dumb question: Could you have just installed the version that was in the Software Center & updated it, by chance? I would think that would have worked.

Ed

10. G4LNA

G4LNA Ham Member QRZ Page

I was under the impression that's exactly what he did Ed, downloaded the old version from the repository, then went to CQRLOG got the PPA from them, put it in the software list and updated it from there, so every time they update CQRLOG you get the latest version.

That's just what I did.

WA4SIX likes this.