ad: w5yi

Looking for Firefighter Sked

Discussion in 'SKED - QSO Scheduling' started by N4RJL, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. N4EU

N4EU Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm a Firefighter in Florida, I'd be happy to try and set up a sked and exchange some war stories. My email address is good on QRZ.

2. N3JPL

N3JPL Ham Member QRZ Page

N3JPL

I am a Gerneral Class Ham since 1991, and a Volunteer FF since 1974
    in the city of Reading Pennsylvania . Getting contacts with other Firefighter
    hams would be great. Let me know .

Brad N3JPL

3. KD5ZEW

KD5ZEW Ham Member QRZ Page

We probly have enough people to try and set up a small net one of these days. just need to find whos got the widest coverage and if they would be willing to be net control.
    -j

4. K0HWY

K0HWY Ham Member QRZ Page

Lots of fire fighters in amateur radio these days.

I was the only one here at the station until some of the guys started asking about it. I put together and ran a Tech class last year and now we have 2 Extras, 4 Generals and probably 7 (?) Techs, several of whom are planning to upgrade soon. A national fire fighter's net would be a cool idea.

5. K5AHG

K5AHG Ham Member QRZ Page

I would enjoy this if the net gets going. Volunteer FF in MS.. I am good 160-10. Let me know when it gets going..

jamie@dimetalworks.com

6. KD5ZEW

I live in texas and i should have a 15 meter delta loop going up this summer, i'll have to see how it works but it should get me good coast to coast coverage.

7. KB1QVJ

KB1QVJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I finally got my first HF rig and I would love to be able to work all states. What would be better is to be able to say I worked all states by talking to other fire fighters. Right now I only have abilities on 17 and 20m. I am trying to work out the problem so yeah if any one is interested I would love to be able to start a net.
    Patrick
    KB1QVJ
    Vice-President IAFF Local 2303
    Gardiner Fire Dept. Maine
    gardfire5@yahoo.com

8. N1RNJ

N1RNJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I to am intrested in starting a net or skeds. There are a few other firefighters here in Vermont that I think will join in. I am always looking to trade patches. I am good on all bands except 160 within the General portions.
    Can't wait to get something going.
    Gary Sheridan
    Barre City Fire Dept.
    IAFF Local 881

9. W8RID

W8RID Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

FF Sked

I'm a Firefighter/Paramedic too.

1. What is a SKED?
    2. Would be interested in a NET

I'm the only Ham at our station.
    I'm a General.

Please let me know when this gets set up.

Thanks

Bob Davet
    W8RID

IAFF Local 3630

10. KD5ZEW

bob,
    a sked is simply a scheduled QSO, there is a whole forum on here devoted to in fact.

-John

edit- hmm since this is posted in the sked forum i guess you already knew there was said sked forum, been posting in Q&A so much forgot i wasn't there. Some one send in RIT to get me out of Q&A forums!!!!!!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.