ad: hrd-2

Looking for an all mode all band radio....Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by N0MIO, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The beauty of this hobby is that there are so many facets to it, it's like having a lot of separate hobbies. And, you can often incorporate hamming into the others. And, pretty much all of us come and go from time to time.

2. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If you really want to work all mode, all bands simultaneously I recommend a damped wave rotary spark gap transmitter. When you go key down everyone is going to hear you . :)

b.

3. K2WH

K2WH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

ft-847. DC to Light, all mode and satellite also.

K2WH

4. K7UNP

K7UNP Ham Member QRZ Page

power for the FT-817

I built this for additional outdoor work. The meter tells you your draw, volts under load etc. The charger which can be left plugged in while operating if those conditions exist is stored under the distribution panel. the small solar charger is not shown.

the box is a plastic ammo box with a weather seal. Anderson power pole connectors are utilized for consistency with my gear.

Bob

5. K7UNP

K7UNP Ham Member QRZ Page

two other larger portable set-ups.

Larger portable set-ups. One for the 857 or 817, and one for the 450. The 450 set-up has a curved cover that snaps on for transport.

Bob

6. KB1LID

KB1LID Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice looking set up. Mine will probably find it's home in a Pelican case I have laying around from a past use. I can't wait to hear it slide around the bed of my truck en route to some mountain top in Vermont so I can talk with some cat in Texas or anywhere else for that matter. Or the beach...I can see it now, use a kite to pull up the center of a full wavelength dipole up about 30'-40' with the ends tied off 10' or so off the ground. Sounds like fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.