ad: SDRKits-1

Looking for a simple CI-V controlled antenna switch......

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by W2TB, Nov 15, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: l-gcopper
ad: abrind-2
  1. W2TB

W2TB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hey y'all!
    Can anyone point me to a CI-V controlled remote antenna switch? I have a 12vdc remote switch that is manually activated, and in it's place I'd like to interface an automatic switch, so it simply has to switch the 12 vdc to each of the 6 antennas while the ICOM XCVR switches bands.
    Thanks for any/all help.
    Mike W2TB

2. W5DXP

W5DXP Ham Member QRZ Page

My IC-756PRO can switch from Ant1 to Ant2 using CI-V commands.

W2TB likes this.
  3. VE3CGA

VE3CGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

not sure about your ICOM but pretty sure the IC751A and the IC9100 have a analog output that changes with the band select
    an interface is shown on this website from K6XX
    www.k6xx.com/radio/icbsciv.pdf

and for an excellent description of ICOM's band changing go to AB4OJ's site here:
    http://www.ab4oj.com/icom/band.html

if you are familiar with arduino or Atmel AVR micros it would be easy to program a UNO or 324 chip to read the voltage and select an output to do someything.

W2TB likes this.
  4. VE3CGA

VE3CGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

5. WA4SIX

WA4SIX Ham Member QRZ Page

There are many Arduino projects that work fine. Some are plug & play & some need separate boards, that need to be populated.

Ed

W2TB likes this.
  6. N4MTB

N4MTB Ham Member QRZ Page

I bought a board that can switch relays controlled by the Icom band data on EBay , the vendor was in Russia . Excellent product and shipping and not expensive either.

W2TB likes this.
  7. WA7F

WA7F Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The problem with CIV is that it is unreliable due to collisions if you have more than two devices on the bus. I’ve seen it happen on multiple occasions. Google CIV router or CIV collisions for more info.

Once you resolve the collision issues the Hamation Bandmaster is one solution for band switching control.

8. US7IGN

US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page

W2TB likes this.
  9. WA4SIX

WA4SIX Ham Member QRZ Page

Why not use the "Band ID voltage", with a simple LED bargraph driver?

Ed

W2TB likes this.
  10. US7IGN

US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page

It is too simple =)

W2TB likes this.