Looking for a group

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KG7FHH, Dec 29, 2017.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah Andrew, there are plenty of people wanting to fly the thread to Cuba. Thread drift is pretty common here and can sometimes get pretty funny. Sometimes though, really crappy subjects pop up and ruin an otherwise good tbread. Then there are the cranks and trolls... 'nuff said there. Have you heard anyone on the 6m repeaters arounrd here? I've been locked into this recliner the last couple days and haven't been able to check.

2. KG7FHH

KG7FHH Ham Member QRZ Page

Nope havent heard a thing except the repeaters occasionally identifying themselves. The only one that ive seen activity on at all is KB7APU

3. KG7FHH

I might try and form a 6m net. dont know how well that would go though.

4. W7ROX

W7ROX Ham Member QRZ Page

I bet you could do that! I loved the 6m nets in California.

5. KG7FHH

I bet, I know of one net called the tri-band net and they do 6m for a bit but i want a full on 6m net. Would be fun to get everyone in the thread on but that would be tough for a few. What 6m repeaters can you reach W7ROX?

6. W7ROX

W7ROX Ham Member QRZ Page

I think I can reach Lyman, but never have heard one person on 6 meters here in Washington. In fact, I've heard little use of any repeaters here, very light. I'm up by the border.
    In my truck, I have a Yaesu 8900 which I heavily programmed for repeaters near me and up and down the hwy 5 corridor. I had it on the other day going to Seattle, and heard no one. Even after I called and said I was monitoring. I can't figure it out.
    But if I get on HF, I hear lots of people south of me and north in British Columbia.

7. KG7FHH

During the summer here I here alot of activity on 6m, and even made contact with a few stations from california. Trying to find a repeater between us that we can both hit.

8. KG7FHH

9. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

I bet it's a metro area thing. I'm just far enough downriver and around the corner to tickle any of those machines. Now if I lived on top of the plateau......

10. KG7FHH

Well, ill try to figure something out net wise. Ill be monitoring the baw faw repeater and the timberline one for the next couple hours.