ad: portazero-1

Looking for a group

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KG7FHH, Dec 29, 2017.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. W7ROX

W7ROX Ham Member QRZ Page

The Clark County Amateur Radio club that is that link I sent you. Go to the home page: http://www.w7aia.org/ They are in Vancouver, WA.
    It sounded like you wanted help having contacts, a club is a good option for that help. I don't live close by, but I can afford to pay your dues for one year in the club if that is the only obstacle. If I lived close by, I would come over and help you get that 10 m antenna working, because that is what hams do for each other. But its a long drive for me :)
    Welcome to the ham community.
    As for WZ7U's comment above, I think he means he and I could try getting on that repeater to talk to you sometime. He lives south of you, I live north close to the Canadian border. And you are in the middle. I think the only time I could possibly reach you is when I drive down to Seattle.

Edit: Sorry you were referring to someone else's comments. I'm tired and probably should get off qrz for now. I'll check back in tomorrow.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  2. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Actually Rox, I'm north and west of Andrew. If you look at the map, I'm in the part of the state where the Columbia river turns west from Longview WA. Clatskanie is within a mile of the river and where the river takes that final west turn is where I am. The repeater is north of both of us but I need it to get around a massive amount of dirt at about 1000' elevation that separates us from a direct line. Hope that helps.

3. W7ROX

W7ROX Ham Member QRZ Page

ooops, sorry I got that wrong.
    I just looked at the Clark Co club site again, they say they will come out and help someone right on their homepage! Pretty cool. Sounds like a good ham club.

4. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

The experience I've had with them over the years has been exemplary. But it has been 15 years since I've had anything to do with anything in that part of the region. At one point I held an ARES appointment and they were very easy to work with. I'm sure they're still a great group.

5. KG7FHH

KG7FHH Ham Member QRZ Page

Its fine. I dont need any help eventually ill have it sorted. why do clubs require cash?

6. WA3QGD

WA3QGD Ham Member QRZ Page

Because the "Trust in God" on the dollar bills ,didn't work out as well as previously thought.

7. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

Because they have bills. I belong to WVDX in Oregon (though I don't live there anymore). Their dues cover an assortment of things such as donating to dxepiditions and repeater ownership. I enjoyed the programs they had at the meetings. They also host a dx convention every 3 years. Dues are cheap.
    KK7PR doesn't have dues, the guys are into helping especially new hams and techs get the most out of their situation. They host the tech net I mentioned and host a fantastic field day. And I can't think of a nicer group of illuminati extras, even when I'm chained to the oars.

8. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

I got you those fuzzy cuffs you wanted, does the fit need adjustment? Again?

W4IOA likes this.
  9. WA3QGD

WA3QGD Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey that's a great idea,I need some scratch to pay my healthcare premium,never considered the Nickel ad like power of the interweb's.Or Amateur Radio Hobbist.

10. KG7FHH

KG7FHH Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, the thread completely switched subjects. Still looking for people semi locally to just casually talk to.