Looking for a group

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KG7FHH, Dec 29, 2017.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
  1. KG7FHH

KG7FHH Ham Member QRZ Page

Correction* Im monitoring baw faw.

2. W7ROX

W7ROX Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, that's pretty far. But next time I am heading to Seattle it might work. That's not being a group though.

3. KG7FHH

Well, regardless we can give anything a shot.

4. W7ROX

You said that you weren't sure you wanted to join a ham club, or that didn't interest you. Do you mind sharing a reason? A club could help you with that 10m antenna, or help you upgrade. I'd like to help you but trying to figure out a way.

5. KG7FHH

I currently dont have the money to get a new Antenna. Im using a buddipole and the coils and arms are having issues but the whips from 6m up are fine. 10m and down to 40 the coils and arms are required. the swrs shoot way up with the coils and arms on.

6. KG7FHH

Also on the clubs thing I dont really know why.

7. W7ROX

Is that also why you don't want to join a club? $

8. KG7FHH

9. W7ROX

So if I paid your first year's dues to the club, would you go?

10. AA7EJ

AA7EJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Interesting reading.

An OM posts a clear , good question ( simplex please(!)) and gets a suggestion to join a club, monitor repeaters and a nag to update.

The comment about verticles and balls should be replaced by "Why Johnny cannot read ?

Two good reasons NOT to join - pay dues, and "volunteer" to "participate" for a fellow who wants to rag chew.

Back to OP.

You probably won't get regular participation on either band mainly due to propagation.
    Figure out easy way to scan these bands for activity - there may be active beacons - than get on the air and call CQ.You "never know what you gona get ".

73 Shirley

PS As the old timers say - when 10 is open it is open and "you can work them with wet noodle ".
    Good luck fishing.