ad: Radclub22-1

Looking for a group

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KG7FHH, Dec 29, 2017.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KG7FHH

KG7FHH Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi my name is Andrew and I live in Ridgefield Washington and I've been looking for a group of people to get together with for awhile now to do simplex 6m and 10m just to have fun and ragchew. If anyone is interested please let me know. 73's KG7FHH

2. WN2C

WN2C Ham Member QRZ Page

Andrew, you have been licensed since September of 2013. What are you waiting on? Upgrade! Get on 20, 40 and maybe even 75 meters. Then you can talk to people around the country or even the world.

3. K0RGR

K0RGR Ham Member QRZ Page

If you haven't already gone this route, Google 'ARRL club' and select the link to the ARRL Club Search page. I found three clubs listed in Vancouver, WA, the closest to you, I suspect. There are surely many in Portland, too. You're probably more likely to find people close enough for 6 meter simplex in the local clubs. Otherwise, you have to depend on Sporadic E propagation to open paths to more distant stations.

4. KG7FHH

I don't want to join a club. Just wanted a small group of people to goof off with.

5. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Now I don't blame you. I really wish I had a good answer for you because in the 15 years it's been since I lived out there, some have died, some have moved on to other things, don't know about the rest. Listen on 3.94 for a group of OF's that are regional to us, even if most run south for the winter. I'm too far down river and around the corner from you to be any use to you on 6 or 10; I'm also in a major bowl. Keep calling on the call frequencies and eventually someone will poke their little turtle up.

6. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

There is a Monday night net on 28.388 out of Portland. The net control have towers that will be able to hear you. An excellent group of guys who love to help techs improve and learn. Plus they have a great field day!

WZ7U likes this.
  7. W4IOA

The 10m tech net is 8pm. And they're a good group to goof with.

WZ7U likes this.
  8. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

I wasn't sure if Beavers CW group carried on after his demise, so hearing the .388 thing going on is good news indeed.

9. W4IOA

Great bunch of guys. They set up my first 10m station a week after I got my tech license. I didn't know 2 out of the 3 and the one I did know know was only through a friend. A loaner 10m rig, a power supply, and a armstrong dipole made from spare parts.
    Good friendships came from that and many a good time with them. And I learned a lot about ham stuff from those guys. Other than the forced massages and moostache waxing I really miss that group.

10. KG7FHH

Ive been on the tech net before i use to be a frequent but i dont have the best 10m antenna now so i stopped checking in. Ive also noticed alot of people dont use 6m repeaters at all. i monitor about 5 of them and will rarely here anything.