ad: Momobeam-1

Look ma, no counterpoise! An evaluation of a EFHW-8010

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by WA7ARK, Apr 24, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. 2E0VSS

2E0VSS Ham Member QRZ Page

Good Morning Brian…
    You are correct in that Danny certainly started mass marketing the now popular 49:1 auto transformer, with both the 80-10 and 40-10 variants, but OM (Egbert) PA0EJH, I’m fairly confident was the brainchild for hams of the winding of the often seen 49:1 transformer as we now see it all over the net.
    The concept was to simplify the original DL7AB antenna from just after the war with the 1.5uH coil between 2 and 2.5 metres from the feedpoint, only the feedpoint then was 600 ohm open wire line. And fed as an end fed Zepp.
    Things have of course changed since then and computer and software design has sometimes dispelled old myths and rightly so, but I’m still fascinated by some of the old school thinking by OMs of the day and often can be found for hours on the Russian ham antenna forums browsing ideas and antenna design back from the days of the Cold War.
    One particular outstanding talent was UR0GT Nick (SK) 2008, who left us a wealth of his ideas free of charge to use on the Russian/Ukrainian ANTENTOP online magazine.
    The DL7AB can be found on the Rottammels Antenna bible book.
    M

2. WA7ARK

WA7ARK Ham Member QRZ Page

Can we blame PA0EJH for the useless twisted two primary turns?

3. 2E0VSS

2E0VSS Ham Member QRZ Page

I wasn't seeking to destroy reputation Michael, merely to try at least in part to clarify.
    We are all vulnerable, and thank God we are as it's that that makes us special and unique .
    Bully's are cheap and plentiful..
    Pearls are rare and sought after.

I'd rather do business with the pearl dealer

M

G5TM likes this.