ad: MyersEng-1

Look ma, no counterpoise! An evaluation of a EFHW-8010

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by WA7ARK, Apr 24, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. AI3V

AI3V Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll type slowly so you have a chance to "get it" :)

By your own admission you had to purchase extra "things" to get your half antenna to sorta work.

Go back and READ your own posts.....

It would appear that you are a paid poster, along with several other posters, who have provided NOTHING but anecdotal stories and pretty cartoons as justification why someone shoud buy your "magic all band wire".

Absolutely ZERO actual antenna range testing.

None.
    Nada.
    Zip.

And I for one have spent the last 40 years making my living pumping rf around the world, and sometimes into space.

I simply know, from 4 decades of experience, what works, and what dosn't work when it comes to antennas.

And to say I need to $pend my hard earned money to buy what you appear to be selling is a insult.

Go ahead, bring one of your magic length wires to a measuring party, I dare you.

Rege

WG8Z likes this.
  2. K6BRN

K6BRN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Rege (AI3V):

(Sigh!)

You seem to insult very easily. As always, I'm suggesting that critics actually try what they are criticizing, or pay a little attention to those who DO try them. Seems logical enough.

Sorry it's been so hard for you to earn a living. You've made that abundantly and bitterly clear in many posts. But those were the consequences of your choices, not others. In one of your earlier posts you apparently made a living soldering connectors onto coax cable at your families factory (a great big one), hence were an expert in THAT.

I've never posted drawings or images on these forums, as some of your more aggressive buddies have. But I may try it some day. Perhaps you've mistaken me for someone else? You do seem to attack a lot of people. Must be hard to keep them straight.

Regarding anecdotal, I've told about my experiences, made measurements and posted the results. Posted review links to MANY users with similar experiences. And other users have posted much more than me in this area. Do you really think we're all part of a giant conspiracy that also faked the moon landing? Perhaps you do. It would be in-character.

I see. And you know this... how? Must be prescient. So, what am I holding in my left hand, right now?

Really. I'm very impressed! So what do you have to show for all that hard work?

My imagination fails me. Are you planning on holding a "Measuring Party"? When? Where? Will there be food? Who's bringing the beer? What are we going to measure, exactly? And... how?

I suspect the answers are, in order: No, Never, Not at My Place, Not Unless You Bring It, Not Me, I Have No Idea and "What?"

In summary... I get that you are bitter, angry and disappointed. But that's you. It has nothing to do with ham radio and antennas. Well, certainly nothing constructive. Constructive = GOOD. Angry and destructive = BAD. Pretty simple arithmetic. Maybe you should try the plus side for a while. Its really much more fun and you will make better friends. Honest!

Good night, Rege,

Brian - K6BRN

3. WA7ARK

WA7ARK Ham Member QRZ Page

I think that this thread has outlived its usefulness. I just want to go on record as saying that Rege doesn't know as much about antennas as he thinks he knows..., and his comments about EF antennas are not to be trusted.

In parting, I am posting a link to the slides that I used for my EHFW Antenna Presentation at the 2019 Prescott Embry Riddle Hamfest. The links go to the webpage of the Hamfest committee.

There are two links; one for the slides, and the other is for a movie that I showed halfway through the presentation.

End Fed HF Antennas – SLIDES - by Mike Mladejovsky WA7ARK

End Fed HF Antennas – GIF Fileby Mike Mladejovsky WA7ARK

Since you do not get hear my narrative, if there is something you need clarified, post a question. Since I am likely to present this again, I would appreciate any feedback.

KK4OBI, K9AXN, KX4OM and 3 others like this.
  4. AA7EJ

AA7EJ Ham Member QRZ Page

This has been somewhat typical discussion where folks get (unnecessarily ) personal and hit the ball way into bleaches.
    Then in the other extreme some cannot manage to even hit the ball / stay on subject.
    It is always a challenge to stay interested in discussion which is "all over the place".
    I believe your original post title did not help much and to be truthful ( you asked for comments ) - in the end you really did not prove that the antenna does or does not need counterpoise (tail?) to have effect on common mode current.
    "Experts" have no issues with " wave is being reflected from the FAR end" of the diploe antenna, but will never accept that common mode current exists (on the coax) due to PHYSICAL make of the COAX - not the antenna.
    It is a loosing proposition and the only solution is "not to play " or just put few folks on ignore to maintain my sanity.

On lighter note - there was an article about Windom antenna in the old Ham radio magazine. It may give you others "opinions" about anything BUT center fed diploe. Maybe Mrs Google can help find it. I did not ask.

73 Shirley

5. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for all the info

6. AF7ON

AF7ON Ham Member QRZ Page

A very nicely put-together slide show with useful experimental data that addresses the performance and common-mode current issues rationally.

I’m not sure it’ll stop the arguments, though. There seems to be almost religious zeal on both sides!

Mike

G5TM and K0UO like this.
  7. G5TM

G5TM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

A superb presentation based on real world, neutral eyes.

Thank you.

8. W5LZ

W5LZ Ham Member QRZ Page

WAIT! How do I get to be one'a them "paid posters"??

9. WA7ARK

WA7ARK Ham Member QRZ Page

That's ok, I tilt at windmills and anybody that posts BS.

K0UO likes this.
  10. K6BRN

K6BRN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

But are you the "Lord of La Mancha"? :)