Look at what came in my QRZ private message folder

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K4KYV, Jun 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K8GHB

K8GHB Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (k4kyv @ June 22 2004,10:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">idiatou

Group: Members

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dearest one,
    Excuse me for the disturbance,
    I presente;  I am wife of Mr. Emile Boga Doudou.
    Ex Ministre d’Etat of interior and the
    decentralisation in ivory caost.  

My late husband Mr Emile Boga Doudou was assineted at
    the time d’une tentative of blow of d’état dating from
    the 18 to September 19, 2002.  
    Leaving behind him 2 children.  

I need for your assistance if you are a sincere
    person, honest and person in charge for help me
    recovered the money that my late husband mislaid in a
    company of safety here to Abidjan-Ivory Coast.  

These goods are in cases whose total makes 35 000 000
    $ USD (thirty five million dollars).  

To be able to invest in Europe in order to build the
    large hospitaux one and large hotels as well as the
    schools.  
    For  the moment I am in Ivory Coast and I am
    supervised even my communications are on listening
    because the government want to me private these goods
    that my late husband left has me and my children in
    this company of safety.-Well, if your communications are being monitored, how did you get this trash on the internet, let alone set up a Yahoo account in France?-  

After your assistance and all the expenditure which
    you will make I you will give 25% of this sum and
    transferred this money in your bank account.  

And after organized how we go meet.

I would like that you maintain this secret like a
    secret confidential between you and me. -LMAO The Ivory Coast Government has no clue, right? It would have to....But then, I bet you're in France-
    If you are ready to help me this is my private email: madam_emile@yahoo.fr

I am waiting your answer.-I bet. Will you give me a bumper sticker that says &quot;SUCKER&quot; too?-

Thank you.
    God Bless you.
    Mrs Emile Boga Doudou. (Bogus doo-doo indeed!  -k4kyv) You noticed that too, eh?

--------------
    idiatou[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    LMAO. Dont you just love it? [​IMG] @Yahoo.FR (France)...Sorry, I couldn't resist.

2. KF4ZHL

KF4ZHL Ham Member QRZ Page

I can't believe people fall for stuff like this. The very first time I got one many years ago, when I was young, dumb and gullible, I was excited for all of two seconds before I thought, &quot;Hey, wait a minute! This has got to be a scam of some sort!&quot;

Many have tried to con me with &quot;free&quot; things over the years, but there's always one thing to send up a red flag for a scam artist. They claim to want to give you free prizes or money, but for some reason, they need you to give them some money or a credit card number first? Come on now!

3. KB9YCO

KB9YCO Ham Member QRZ Page

It definetly isn't a new one, similar emails have been floating around for sometime now. I like the forwarding to the FBI, etc. idea, rock on...

4. KD7NBH

KD7NBH QRZ Member QRZ Page

I got these about once a month. Then, I responded to one, told whoever it was that I did not have a bank account because I couldn't afford it, but if he would send me $500 cash, I would be happy to open one so I could help him. Never got another offer.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

When I get those, usually I delete 'em. HOWEVER... sometimes I get a 'wild hare' idea to mess with 'em.

I use a @yahoo.com account with some strange return name so they don't know who it really is. Then I ask 'em what they need. They usually want the front page/picture of my US Passport. So I give 'em one.. (Not a real one, natch!)

It is a US Passport with a picture of William Shatner in his Captain Kirk uniform (the new one with teh white piping on the shoulders) and it has &quot;Captain (ret) James Tiberius Kirk with his fictional home town in Iowa, birthdate, etc. on it. (Relaly looks official!)

I tell them that I'm retired fromt he military and am interested.
    They always reply to 'James' and entice me. I tell 'em bout my home and toss a bunch of stuff that I recall from 'Star Trek' along wth names and locations of various characters.

I even had ONE person wanting to know how they could get a 'corbomite device' and use it. I had another one wanting to knwo how the 'Tantalus Field' worked. But usually after a while I tired of it and told them that I have been recalled to service and must return to the Enterprise and resume my 5 year mission.

I even told one guy I couldn't leave the US due to the imposition of &quot;General Order 7' which is the only death penalty offense that we have on the books.

I know THEy didnt' get it.. but I had a laugh, none the less

K3FT
    &quot;...and what of Lazarus!?&quot;

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.