Logging Software

Discussion in 'Logbooks & Logging Programs' started by KD7SIO, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-Geochron
  1. fetter

fetter Guest

Logger32. It will do everything you want & more and it's free. It will take some getting use but worth the effort
    Steve WA8UEG

2. KE6QS

KE6QS Ham Member QRZ Page

I use the AClog and have used others at the same time for comparison. The AClog is much more easier to use. It can be used to control most all rigs and recieves DX posts as they occur as well as you can post your contacts. The price of $20 bucks is well worth it. If you use the Logger and get their emails (bunchs) then do not forget your web site name and password to shut off the notifications. They are a pain. Junk mail filters work wonders.

ACLog uploads to LoTW and eQSL very easily and you can down load the US and Canadian call book periodically at their website.

One of the things that bothered me about the Logger was the numerous posts of things that ops were having problems with. Too many posts. Simple is better. I already have 33 email posts today.

If you have a question about the ACLog Scott or Kimberly will email you an answer fast and that is no exageration.

KE4JP

3. KB3ILN

KB3ILN Ham Member QRZ Page

Does anyone know of any software that can just be used for logging simple contacts you make everyday on the radio not for contests. I was thinking of just make one in a spread sheet.
    thanks,
    ers

4. N0NOB

N0NOB Ham Member QRZ Page

AC Log

5. KF0RT

KF0RT Ham Member QRZ Page

Check out W5ALT's AltLog if you're looking for an easy to use program written by a ham who does software for a living.

http://www.comportco.com/hamsoft/index.php?pg=1

My complaint about almost all amateur radio programs is that they're written by hams who program as a hobby and would never pass muster as commercial software.

Walt's program doesn't suffer from the "programming learning curve." [​IMG]

73, Rob

6. KB3ILN

KB3ILN Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you that looks like just what I want.

ers

7. N9VO

N9VO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Nobody has mentioned Winlog 32. A great program and unlike most, it is FREE FREE.

Ham Radio Deluxe is also a good free program but has more of a learning curve. Almost too busy for my tastes.

8. KF0RT

KF0RT Ham Member QRZ Page

I was referring to the programmer's learning curve, not that of the user. Should have been a bit more explicit.

I've looked at (and used) quite a number of the popular amateur radio programs in the last few years. They all get the job done, and they're almost all poorly written with regard to user interface.

A couple years ago, I went on a search for the "killer" logging program. Didn't exist then, doesn't exist now. It's really a shame, too. A lot of them incorporate some great ideas, but incorporate them badly.

What most of these guys are doing amounts to writing a novel without having first read The Elements of Style.

I don't mean to be overly harsh -- like I said, they do get the job done and most hams seem to rave over one program or another, so they must not be TOO bad. And it's certainly not my desire to "dump" on the many good people who write software for hams.

73, Rob

9. KA0GKT

KA0GKT Ham Member QRZ Page

#2 Ticonderoga and my log book.

73 DE KAØGKT/7

--Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.