Logging Software

Discussion in 'Logbooks & Logging Programs' started by KD7SIO, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-3
  1. KC7UP

KC7UP Ham Member QRZ Page

I use N3FJP currently and happy with it for both contesting and general logging.

I used to use CT however it's no longer compatible with XP and CTWin isn't compatible with XP either for me anyway.
    Curt

2. KA0SOG

KA0SOG Ham Member QRZ Page

I use a Microsoft Access file I created as it handles data better than Excel. I started off in the 1980's using a paper log in a spiral bound book sold by ARRL and will occaisionally even now write in the notables. Why?

Software based programs are easier and faster but I can still pull my old handwritten logs and read them and I can't think of many software files I can do that with 23 years later.

3. K7MH

K7MH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

N3FJP's AClog and associated contest logging programs is very good. I switched after YEARS of headaches with Logic software and I am very happy with AClog (amateur contact log) Download the free trial and see what you think. The support from N3FJP and others on the yahoo usergroup is excellent.

4. K8PG

K8PG QRZ Lifetime Member #333 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Ive been using Logic by Personel Data Base going on 15 yrs nw its a Great program, now up to Logic #8 it tracks all awards(you can make your own) for what ever award and does many many other functions,it also interphases with XMT Manager a all in 1 transmitter controll -Logic #8 $79.95-Dave Hebner has excellent tech service too,their are a lot of free programs out,try DX Keeper it goes along with many free programs like Pathfinder and DXview.Transmit Manager is $ 79.95 also-73

DE K8PG Paul CW STILL LIVES [​IMG]

5. WS2L

WS2L Guest

I don't use logging software for everyday QSO's, I'm still a paper logbook user. I do use logging software for contests and I mostly operate in VHF contests these days and I use the N3FJP software. I'm sure that they also have regular software, I don't have a URL but a google search should get you results.

6. KD7SIO

KD7SIO Ham Member QRZ Page

out of the free loggers that have been mentioned, specifically DXLabs and HamRadioDeluxe, I am leaning more towards HRD because of the feature in the logger to use "QRZ" lookup on a call sign, this may be possible with the latter but I cannot figure out how, and I really like this feature. I will check out the demo of AClog now and see what I think of that.

HRD isn't as powerful, but I like the satellite tracking feature because I "try" to do some satellite work. I prefer it unless someone can convice me otherwise for DXLabs, maybe I am missing something. Anywho, I will update on my thoughts about AClog in a bit

Thanks

--Dave

7. KD7SIO

KD7SIO Ham Member QRZ Page

I just looked at the AClog demo, and I think I have made my decision. AClog rocks. I think I may register it, it's a toss up between HRD and AClog, but I think I will go with AClog just because of the ease of use, and the fact that I don't need to even push a button for the QRZ lookup, it just does it automatically.

sweet guys! Thanks everyone for the opinions.

please still if you have suggestions or whatnot let us all know [​IMG]

--Dave

8. AL2F

AL2F Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

9. WZ4I

WZ4I Guest

N3FJP

10. M3ONL

M3ONL Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi,
    I use a PDA for logging purposes with mobillog downloaded to it from N0HR web page

Adrian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.