ad: EMPShield-1

logging programs

Discussion in 'Logbooks & Logging Programs' started by K0CMH, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. K0CMH

K0CMH Ham Member QRZ Page

This past weekend's contest I was using Excel to log my contacts. I did that for three reasons:

1. I know nothing about existing loggin gprograms,

2. I didn't have time to learn a program.

3. I wanted something that sorts, so that I could check if I had already made a contact with any call sign I hear.

My questions are:

Do the loggin program automatically sort the call signs so that one can quickly determine if they had contacted before?

I have some programs that appear to have logging functions built in. They are MMSSTV, MMRTY, and Digipan. Will these logging functions do what I want?

2. AC0H

AC0H Ham Member QRZ Page

N3FJP
    All of the contesting software has dupe check enabled by default and will automatically keep track of sections, countries, multipliers worked and provide a running total for the contest as well as QSO rates.

The ACLog package is a great general pupose log which does general logging, keeps track of award status, does LoTW, has built in CW keyer, Telnet or packet cluster, rig control, etc...

By the CD and you get it all. The updates are free for registered users.

3. W6VPS

W6VPS Ham Member QRZ Page

Check out N1MM. It is free and does all sorts of whiz bang stuff. Sorry I do not know its intricacies well enough to answer your specific question.
    http://pages.cthome.net/n1mm/

4. IW3SSA

IW3SSA Ham Member QRZ Page

Try to use the SD Contest Log,it'free by EI5DI:it' very easy to use and in half an hour You're ready to every contest.
    This software create You also the Cabrillo log format often required by the oragnizzation and calculate the points.
    Using this simple software You must only write the calls of the stations worked (and the required field exchanges of the conest),if You made a dupe QSO the software will alert You.
    The software have a database for every kind of contest You want.
    Try to find it at www.EI5DI.com.
    You can have an idea of this software reading the PDF manual on the site.
    73s and sorry for my english...
    Michele

5. KC9ECI

KC9ECI Ham Member QRZ Page

I'd like to echo what AC0H says. Scott and Kimberly's logging software is well worth the money.

6. WZ4I

WZ4I Guest

7. N0IU

N0IU Ham Member QRZ Page

My vote is also for N1MM.

As to the greater issue going on here, I am pleased to no end to see questions like this after a contest. It means that you jumped in and gave it a try and for that I applaud you.

It is pretty much a given that there will be postings after every SSB contest about how contests are a waste of time or how the contest ruined someone's weekend.

You have been given a few suggestions for contesting programs. Only you can determine which one will work best for you.

Good luck in the next contest!

Scott NØIU

8. K0CMH

K0CMH Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks all for this great help. And no problems with the english. I wish I could speak another language as good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.