LOGGING PROGRAMS

Discussion in 'Logbooks & Logging Programs' started by Guest, Mar 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: HRDLLC-2
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

OK, GUYS. THIS IS MY NEXT QUESTION.
    WHAT IS THE MOST PREFERED LOGGING PROGRAM OUT THERE, AND, HOW DO I GET IT?[​IMG]
    I KEPT A PAPER LOG DURRING THE DX CONTEST LAST WEEK, AND THAT IS ONE THING I'LL NEVER DO AGAIN!!!!
    ANY SUGGESTIONS???
    BRUCE JOHNSTON W8BAJ
    W8BAJ@HOTMAIL.COM

PS- ANY GOOD FREEWARE LOGGING PGMS IN THE DOWNLOAD SECTION??? TOO MANY TO TRY?[​IMG]

2. NQ6G

NQ6G Ham Member QRZ Page

Take a look at www.n3fjp.com he has several logging programs each for different contests.

73 NQ6G

3. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Depends on how serious you are. The most powerful Windows-based logging program I've seen or used is WriteLog for Windows. You can download a "demo" of it for free, but must purchase the program to gain full utility. It's worth it. Once you have the licensed software, upgrades for a year are free and come often.

You can no longer "enter" a DX contest sponsored by the ARRL or CQ Magazine using "hard copy" (paper) logs -- they are not acceptable.

If you have a computer-aided transceiver (CAT interface) as most are nowadays (the high-end rigs have been for more than 10 years), WriteLog with an interface card is unbelievably powerful and will pretty much operate for you (tune your rig to a DX spot QSX, send your exchange in either CW or voice, etc), as well as dupe, keep the log, track your progress, make QSL labels, etc. Other programs do "most" of these things, but WriteLog does _all_ of them, and does it well. It's my first choice.

WB2WIK/6

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.