ad: Alphaant-1

Logging program

Discussion in 'Logbooks & Logging Programs' started by VE7NOT, Jun 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. VE7NOT

VE7NOT Ham Member QRZ Page

As most of you know I am active not only on the ham bands but a few non ham bands as well as an swl and scanner listener.

I have a paperlog I use alot but have recenly looked through some ham logging programs. Problem is few let me put in just rx and some wont even let me put in frequencies or bands not in ametuer radio. They are fine for just ham qsos but not much else.

Anyone know an all band logging program?

Sim

2. KA9VQF

KA9VQF Ham Member QRZ Page

Back in the DOS computer days I made a spread sheet with LOTUS 1-2-3 that I could put in anything I wanted.

It is naturally incompatible with my XP machine but if you have an old enough computer I can see if I still have the disks.

You need DOS 3.1 or better.

It was pretty simple to use once you opened it there were cells you could pick from then click on one and it would open, then there was a template for frequency, time, mode, stuff like that. You didn’t have to fill all the blanks to save the cell.

If I remember right you could search to see if it was a dupe or not.
    Been a long time.

When all the cells in a spread sheet would get full I’d create a new one. Didn’t take all that long to fill a HD back then though.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

winlog32 will do it you can put your own freq in and a side note too.search it on the web its worth downloading and it works great!!!!

KI4NAX
    DOUG

4. VK4QO

VK4QO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I use dx4win logging program, you have to pay for it but it's well worth the money, you can enter as much info as you like and upload your logs to any where and in any format needed, ive got 6500 entries already

5. K4SAV

K4SAV Ham Member QRZ Page

Logger32 will do it. I just tried it to make sure. You have to do two things to make it work. You have to go to the menu and set up the bands. Only the hams bands are predefined (but you can modify them if you wish), or better, add a new band. Initially it will complain that your added band is not an AIDF defined band. There is a file in the program folder called "AIDFBands.txt", (imagine that) that defines the legal bands. Just add whatever you wish. After you define it in this file, the program will then let you select it. I didn't try it, but I suspect that if you deleted the setup data for the predefined ham bands, you could make just one big band if you wanted, maybe dc to daylight.

Almost everything in this logging program can be customized, so it will take a little while to get it set up the way you like, but the best part is that you can change almost everything. If you have a serial cable to your radio, it will automatically log the frequency for you.

The price is right too.

One thing that might be a problem is that when you save your log in AIDF format, and then try to import that AIDF file into another program that does not recognize your special bands, some file conversion may be required.

Jerry, K4SAV

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.