Logging Program Question

Discussion in 'Logbooks & Logging Programs' started by KF5RYJ, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
  1. KF5RYJ

KF5RYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks Dave. I'll try that when I get home from work today.

2. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Lifetime Member 279 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

That's interesting - something I never knew. I don't run DXKeeper, so that feature was not something I knew about. I just run DXView and Spot Collector. I find it somewhat interesting that the features of DXView are, to some extent, controlled by another module that I never use. I guess I should read the directions!! :)

.............Bob

3. AA6YQ

AA6YQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If you don't ever run DXKeeper to log QSOs or track award progress or generate QSL cards and labels, then DXKeeper is not in any way controlling DXView. Just as Commander provides "transceiver control" services to all other components of the DXLab Suite, DXView provides "DX information" and "world map display" services to those components. In software engineering, this is referred to as a "loosely-coupled, modular architecture"; it's the optimal architecture for constructing high-quality applications that remain extensible over a long lifetime. The absence of such an architecture is what drove Simon HB9DRV to abandon HRD.

Yes, reading the directions is a good idea. I suggest that you start here.

4. IT9GCG

IT9GCG Ham Member QRZ Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.