Logging on holiday / vacation.

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by G1TZC, Jul 15, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. G1TZC

G1TZC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi and thanks for reading this,

I had a quick look but didn't find what I was looking for. I'm heading off on holiday soon to Scotland soon so changing from G1TZC to GM1TZC. All that is fine and exciting.

Now to the bit I am curious about.....

Is there a way of integrating this in to my existing logbook or is better to start another logbook for the GM visit? I'm thinking for people who want Isle of Skye in their logbook for IOTA.

Your thoughts and opinions would be appreciated.

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

G1TZC and GM1TZC are each unique callsigns. When you make a QSO, you are using one of the unique callsigns.

A logbook can only exist for one unique callsign. It cannot accept QSOs made using a different unique callsign.

Open your logbook, select New Logbook on the logbook name pull-down menu, enter the properties. To manage your logbooks, select the book to be managed.

3. G1TZC

G1TZC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you for that. Is it then an idea to add the GM callsign to the managed callsigns as well?

4. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

There should be one logbook for each unique callsign.

There can be a separate logbook for a given unique callsign provided their date ranges do not overlap