ad: Radclub22-1

Logger32 trogan?

Discussion in 'Logbooks & Logging Programs' started by K4SAV, Apr 11, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
  1. K4SAV

K4SAV Ham Member QRZ Page

When installing the latest update for Logger32, it gets blocked by Microsoft Essentials because it detects:

Trogan:Win32/Azden.B!cl

as part of the update. What is going on?

Jerry, K4SAV

2. G8GYW

G8GYW Ham Member QRZ Page

I just starting working a contest a few minutes ago when Security Essentials popped up a message to say it had detected a trojan (Win32/Azden) and proceeded to delete Logger32!!!!

WTF?

Actually it hasn't deleted it but it has quarantined logger32.exe and won't let me allow it.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  3. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Downloaded the full copy and the update, scanned both zip files and they came up clean. Maybe check with the author @K4CY.

4. G8GYW

It's a right mess. I thought I would be OK because I have a restore point for Windows 7 from yesterday and regular log backups on a memory stick. So I restored to yesterday and Logger32 runs but my logbook is empty. It says the statistics file is not compatible with this version and to recalculate statistics. When I do that it says failed to read QSOs. If I restore the logs from my backup I get the same message.

:mad::mad::mad:

5. K7MEM

K7MEM Ham Member QRZ Page

This issue has also been reported on eHam and it is the same issue that DXLab is having. In the DXLab.Group.io group there have been 300-400 messages related to the topic of DXLab executable files being quarantined or deleted by Microsoft anti-malware applications.

You can go to https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/FalsePositive to try other anti-malware applications. That page also contains a link to a page on recovering from this problem. Granted, this is directed at DXLab, but you are dealing with the same issue.

6. G8GYW

Thanks for that info. After doing some research I'm confident it was a false positive. Because I'd restarted logger32 so many times trying to sort this it had overwritten most of my backups on exit but luckily I had one remaining from the previous day that loaded successfully. After going back to my restore point I told Security Essentials not to monitor the logger32 directory and it seems OK now.

I only lost a couple of QSOs from last night.

7. K4SAV

K4SAV Ham Member QRZ Page

I did the same and the last Logger32 update was successful.

Jerry, K4SAV