Logbook confirm problem

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by G0TYM, Oct 12, 2020.

ad: l-rl
  1. G0TYM

G0TYM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi when I get a request to confirm a contact in my logbook, I find I fill all the details in but it won't confirm when I do a save. The error report I get every time is there is some error in the details I have added. Trouble is I check and double check but can't see what I have put in that is incorrect.
    I now have a list of contacts waiting to be confirmed. They must think I am ignoring them.

Another quick question. On the main logbook page - the last two columns. How do I use them ?

Thanks for any help.

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

First, there is no way for you to know what data exists in your worked party's logbook. For a confirmation to take place, both parties to the QSO (you and your worked party) must each independently enter a record of the QSO in their logbooks. QRZ then automatically tests to determine whether or not the following data fields in each record match the other with regard to callsigns, band, mode, and UTC date/time within a 30-minute window. If so, a confirmation is indicated; if not, none is indicated.

The info in regard to a request for confirmation is only default info and not the exact matching data. When "the box keeps coming up" it indicates that the data you have entered still does not match that data your worked party has entered in its logbook - hence a continuing failure.

It is up to the parties to themselves resolve the problem through direct contact via e-mail or private message.

With respect to the last two columns, the second to last indicates the status of the record - see legend at the bottom of the page. The last column contains a box that when checked indicates the record has been selected for an ACTION. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the ACTION button, then select/

3. G0TYM

G0TYM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks very much that's a great help and very much appreciated 73