Log book

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by KG5SFT, Mar 5, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. KG5SFT

KG5SFT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Does anyone else have problems with the log book? I mean it keeps telling me the time, date, band, or frequency is not the same as the QSO. It also says time has to be -+30 minutes? I've tried everything. It's very frustrating.

M6LKD likes this.
  2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

A logbook is a place to log your QSO data upfront. If you do not do so and cannot later recall it, the logbook is not for you.

A confirmation will automatically take place when each party to a QSO independently enters their log data and provided both records agree by callsigns, mode, band, and UTC date/time within a 30-minute window. If a confirmation does not exist then it is possible that your worked party has not entered its record or one or more of the above fields lacks a match.

The default info appearing in a QSO Confirmation Request is not that of your worked party's and a correct match must be entered to finalize the confirmation. If you are unable to achieve a correct match then it is up to the parties themselves to resolve the problem through direct contact via e-mail or private message.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  3. M6LKD

M6LKD Ham Member QRZ Page

i have done this with a friend and put exact same details and it still don't work.
    could this be why some of the stations i have worked no longer use qrz

4. M6LKD

having the same problem

5. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Which QSO? Callsign/date/time?

6. M6LKD

each of the M6LJX contacts i have.
    we have tried everything still wont confirm keeps coming up with same as above with things not matching

7. W1DQ

Your 2018-03-06 19:18 QSO is confirmed; there is a second QSO in his logbook on 2018-03-06 that is not in your logbook, hence no match
    Your 2018-02-13 QSO disagrees with his by mode
    Your 2017-11-09 QSO disagrees by time greater than a 30 minute window

When a match is gained they will be confirmed. Contact him directly to resolve differences.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  8. M6LKD

thanks for that will look into it later today

9. M6LKD

well looks like i will be finding another loging format as i still cant get these things to confirm

10. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Subscriber QRZ Page

This failure to confirm has been diagnosed as Operator Entry Error. How is going to a different logbook going to solve the inability of an operator to log contacts correctly?

W4POT, KD5FOY and W1DQ like this.