ad: Schulman-1

"Lockdown Morse", YouTube Morse course

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by M0PTO, Apr 15, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. M0PTO

M0PTO Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]
    This monday, 13th April 2020, I uploaded the first lesson for a new YouTube Morse course, "Lockdown Morse".
    The response has been amazing - over a 1,000 subscribers and more than 6,000 video views!

To see more about the course, including an introduction video, look at the main channel page here:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu8HOu-LB4pY4WKLYKarYNg

I welcome any comments!

Matt
    M0PTO

Attached Files:

KD4ZFS, AE4LH, K7TRF and 5 others like this.
  2. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

positive_attitude MATT.jpg

============= KEEP_CALM_AND_TAP_OUT_MORSE_CODE_NEW.jpg

MATT, ENJOY THE WONDERFUL FUN FILLED
    WORLD OF MORSE CODE.

73 - K1LKP

M0PTO likes this.
  3. K1ZNE

K1ZNE Ham Member QRZ Page

Subscribed! It looks great Matt, thank you very much for your effort, i really appreciate this opportunity to learn Morse.

M0PTO likes this.
  4. M5PM

M5PM Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice idea 73 de M5PM

M0PTO likes this.
  5. KC2THB

KC2THB Ham Member QRZ Page

Subscribed.
    Really enjoyed my 1st lesson!

M0PTO likes this.
  6. W8IXI

W8IXI Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

A true public service! Thanks and 73.

de Mike
    skcc# 12495

M0PTO likes this.
  7. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

First off thank you Matt for taking the time to make these videos. I watched the introduction video and it is clear that you have taken a very thoughtful approach to this and think many of us will benefit.

I have lesson 1 queued up for later when I have my headphones on and can focus. As someone who learned code by counting dits and dahs for the 5WPM code exam I have struggled with switching my brain to the sound aspects. I will give this series a serious run and will see what happens. I absolutely agree with all the statements you made, learning to not be afraid to skip missed letters and get repeats later and getting comfortable enough with copy to listen on the air.

M0PTO likes this.
  8. AA5H

AA5H Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow !!!! Six consecutive posts with POSITIVE comments on user-created content..... Maybe there IS hope for the world.:)

YO2MPN and M0PTO like this.
  9. M0PTO

Thanks for the positive comments - the videos have had some really lovely feedback, which has made the effort worthwhile.
    Now I just need to convince my wife that staying up until 3am some days to get the videos done is worth it!

Matt

10. AA5H

AA5H Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have a good referral for Divorce Attorneys (Solicitors)....as most Hams do....

M0PTO likes this.
  11. W3DLB

W3DLB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow.... I may have FINALLY found a course that may break this dyslexic fog I'm in to help me learn morse code!!!!!!! Thanks for your time and effort!!!!!! W3DLB

12. M0PTO

I missed this post - I'm sorry!
    I hope the course works for you. Let me know either way!