Locator / DXCC logging software

Discussion in 'Logbooks & Logging Programs' started by G1VVP, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AA6YQ

AA6YQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

As I mentioned to you via email, DXLab will display worked and confirmed grids from your log on the DX Atlas world map: screenshot. This inter-operation is automatic, and has worked correctly in every one of the releases that have been made since it was first introduced.

DXLab also has the ability to import QSOs directly from tab-delimited files derived from spreadsheets.

DXLab is entirely free; DX Atlas costs $30.

2. G1VVP

G1VVP Ham Member QRZ Page

WA4OTD - this is what worries me. I ask far too many questions here.

I am always very grateful for the help I receive from an amazing, friendly ham community and I really need to give a little back sometime.

I have been experimenting with the aforementioned Worked Grids v6 and part of the process here is to convert my existing xlsx spreadsheet into an ADIF format so HRD can handle it. Guess what ... I failed! :rolleyes: I don't DO formulae. I tried using a little programme called "adif2xls2adif_v0.97.xls" but this just produced an error message each time I tried a conversion.

I'll just have to take one step at a time. First thing will be to devise a method to convert my existing xlsx log into ADIF so HRD can use it.

Since HRD seems to do everything I want, my plan is to use this as much as reasonably possible to 'centralise' my ham needs.

John
    G1VVP

3. G1VVP

G1VVP Ham Member QRZ Page

Another possibility for xlsx > adif conversion I found is called "Manual_ADI_entry.xls", found at http://www.wb8nut.com/downloads.html

This is a lot more helpful but I will still need to ask a friend (who understands database manipulation) for help.

John
    G1VVP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.