LNR Precision two new qrp rigs - any opinion yet?

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by KD2RON, Apr 2, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. N6MST

N6MST Ham Member QRZ Page

LNR has a great product line but I get the feeling that they are still a small company. I'm actually amazed at the types of radios they offer while still operating like a mom and pop shop. But they have always replied to my inquiries, even if it takes a bit longer than we are used to in the digital age of instant information. Post another update when your radio comes in and tell us how you like it!

KG5IFY likes this.
  2. KM1MT

KM1MT Ham Member QRZ Page

I recently got an LD-5 for qrp ssb ability. I've built an ATS-3B and ATS-4. All nice rigs. The LD-5 impressed me right off as I was able to hear a lot, and also able to easily work Europe on SSB from NE with a wire ant. I am upgrading to the LD-11. Although it is a bit of money, it is a great value when comparing to the big E pricing (which I assume is an awesome rig too). :) And I agree it must be a small company where people wear many hats. It's easy to get anxious for something in this age of instant gratification. With the service I got from them on the LD-5, I have no worries; I just need to be patient and let them do their job and respond to all of us. ;-)

W8ZNX and KG5IFY like this.
  3. W8ZNX

W8ZNX Ham Member QRZ Page

Ahoy

interesting
    like the LD-11 but right now it is not in the budget
    same for the LD-5

do not like taking expensive radios in the field
    car camping at the picknick table is one thing
    taking it backpack camping or camp cruising in a sailing dinghy
    is a horse of a different color

the MTR also nice but have more than one
    small cw only qrp rig

the FX-4A really intrigues me
    could use it digital and cw on 40, 30, 20, and 17
    if saved some money
    in a few months could buy one without putting a dent in the budget

still in the stacks
    mac

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  4. KM1MT

KM1MT Ham Member QRZ Page

K5JGL, did you hear anything more on your order yet?
    I'm getting anxious now. :)

5. KD2RON

KD2RON Ham Member QRZ Page

I was going to order an LD5 which showed as in stock but had one simple yes or no quetion to ask before purchasing. Tried to call got voice mail saying mailbox full and tried the online question option and its been two weeks with no. reply. Decided against going further with the purchase. One of the reasons for my selection was customer support.

6. W7CJD

W7CJD Ham Member QRZ Page

It has been my experience, their transceivers sell out, before I can find a Review or customer feedback.

I think a FAQ page, or "verified owner" Reviews, or a Forum or having a Yahoo Group could help more.

I have emails, asking for customer feedback, for other purchased that appear on the product description webpage, as Reviews.

I did get on a notification email signup, once, from LNR Precision and received no notification when available again and that model was made available again.

I would like to see bigger production runs, so that a new customer can see some Reviews before purchase, or, hand over a pre-production prototype for review in a magazine.

It might be reasonable to send out a pre-release transceiver to known discriminating customers, for feedback, before sales, publishing their feedback on the product description webpage.

7. KB7MM

KB7MM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Received my new LD-11 4 weeks ago (November 2007) and have able to run it thru some on the air time. Without a doubt this is the finest QRP radio I have ever owned it's hard to say that because I said the same thing about the LD-5...... I would hope that anyone thinking about buying one would quit thinking and buy. See you on the bands 73