ad: MultusSDR-1

LNR Precision two new qrp rigs - any opinion yet?

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by KD2RON, Apr 2, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. KD2RON

KD2RON Ham Member QRZ Page

Has anyone an opinion of the two new qrp rigs. One seems like an updated MOUNTAINTOPPER is an upgraded LNR5 ($795). They are a little past my price raange but am tempted.

2. W7CJD

W7CJD Ham Member QRZ Page

3. N5EIT

N5EIT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I can tell you that I own an MTR-3 Band and an LD-5... Both are great. I am planning on buying both the new rigs soon. The MTR-5 Band is another Steve Weber (KD1JV.. I think) design and has been thoroughly tested by him and many who follow his list... I'm sure it's awesome! The LD-11 covers 160m - 6m with other upgrades to the LD-5 as well, like included pan adapter. I can't wait to get one!!! Of course, I do 98.734 % of my operating as QRP Portable so they are right up my alley. I can't say enough about the LNR line... Good support too. AND, I'm partial to Steve Weber kits as is any serious QRP'er... They're just really well designed...

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    KB7MM and KD2RON like this.
  4. KN3O

KN3O Ham Member QRZ Page

The MTR-5B is already sold out...

5. KD2RON

Do you think the LD5 is going to be discontinued and should one worry if it will continue to be supported in the future? I understand it too is SDR. The LD11 looks great but clearly out of my price range.

6. N5EIT

N5EIT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You can go to the website to get the number and call em or email them... I would think they would continue to support it. that's just the way they are... great company great support

7. KD2RON

Thanks for your input. You have a great qrz page and I have a four legged best friend too (jack russell).

8. N6MST

N6MST Ham Member QRZ Page

If the MTR-5B is anything like the MTRv3 then you should expect it to be sold out A LOT. Steve Weber is a legend and his radios are incredible. I love my MTRv3 from LNR and I too experienced excellent customer support with them. I expect to be ordering the MTR-5B soon and I am saving for the LD11 as well because it looks fantastic. The "AT_Sprint" Yahoo group is the place to be for information and support on KD1JV designs and if you are really on top of your game you can score kits for good prices when his radios are first released.

9. KG5IFY

KG5IFY Ham Member QRZ Page

I've seen a lot of good reviews for LNR as a company but I'm not having a great experience with my LD-11 order. Website showed in stock, I purchased and received my order confirmation on 4/1 and it stil hasn't shipped. I sent an e-mail to them asking what the update of my order was on 4/4 and I still haven't received a reply to my e-mail on 4/6. Kind of bummed right now.

10. KG5IFY

KG5IFY Ham Member QRZ Page

Update: Just got a response, LNR seems to be extremely busy based on the release of these two new rigs on April 1. I'm lucky my order will be fulfilled, their website now shows out of stock.

KN3O likes this.