Live show Antennas for HOAs

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W5KUB, Sep 18, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. KA2RRK

KA2RRK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Nope, Cuz out in West World, HOA'S can't seem too out run bullets yet on the DBL R KAY RANCH!

KA2RRK

2. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

Apparently dictionaries aren't welcome either.

3. KA2RRK

KA2RRK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

download (1).jpeg

KA2RRK

4. K4PIH

K4PIH Ham Member QRZ Page

Had an HOA busybody (who was the HOA presidents wife, a.k.a. vice prez) come by a place I was renting and chastise me about RF transmissions not being allowed in the community, after seeing the VHF antenna on my car. She got on her cell phone and called her husband to report me on the spot, and I told her to obey the HOA rules and turn off her phone. She replied it was a phone and NOT A RADIO!

N5PZJ, AE7LP and KK5JY like this.
  5. N5PZJ

N5PZJ Subscriber QRZ Page

Actually the NO RF TRANSMISSION clause has been tried in Louisiana and it FAILED! Terrebonne Parish and the Judge ruled RF was beyond the power of the state to regulate since the FCC had pre-emption over all RF Transmissions. Google Ultra Vires.

6. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

It seems people are incapable of promoting a helpful video without self righteous aholes piling on about side issues they are incapable of correcting. Watch the video or not. Seemed simple enough to me, not to myopic fools.

WZ7U likes this.
  7. AE7LP

AE7LP Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, in the U.S. we cannot just tear up contractual agreements.
    That being said, as a ham living in an HOA 'community', I use antennae that I can raise and lower. Keep 'em baffled, I say.

8. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

There was a video?

9. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

The OP (w5kub) was referring to his show on W5KUB.com on tues evening 8 pm CST 18 sept.

Each show is also recorded, stored in the site archives and can be replayed on his site

KK5JY likes this.